This article is the solution to your problem in which you can learn How to Track Changes in Google Docs easily and quickly. It is to simple to track the changes in google docs. If you will read the complete article then you can track the changes in google docs very easily. We have different ways to track the changes in google docs. You can choose any way that is suitable for you and your work. In this article, I have given the instructions by following these instructions you can know that ‘How to Track Changes in Google Docs’.
There are so many features that are available in google docs. These features will help you in your work and make your work easy. The best feature of google docs is that you can work with your partner on the same document. But you also want to track the changes at the same time which is made by you or your partner. So let’s know how to track the changes in google docs.
How to Track Changes in Google Docs
We have given the 3 ways for tracking the changes in google docs. All three ways are too easy and the easiest and most workable process gets the upper position. Each way is described in detailed and step by step instructions so that you can learn it easily.
Use Version History to Track the Changes in Google Docs (First Way)
If you want to know How to Track the Changes in Google Docs in detail. Also want to know that at which time and how many changes and activities have done on your document then this is the best way for you. Because you can easily track the changes with the report of time via this method. You have to just follow the instruction that I have mentioned in this article. So just open the Google Docs and follow the step by step instructions.
- In Google Docs, You have to open the document in which you want to track the changes. Just open the Document.
- Once you have opened the document then you can see the option of the file in the upper left corner. You have to just click on the File.
- Now you can see the option of Version History in the file section. You have to just click on the Version History.
- Then you have to click on the See Version History. After that, a window will open in which you can see the different versions of your document by the arrangement of time.
- The Shortcut of this method is that you have to type on your keyboard ( Ctrl+Alt+Shift+H )
- Now you can see the changes in your document that are made in past time of google docs. You have different options here by which you can see the changes.
So these are the step by step instructions in detail which helps you to track the changes in google docs. This is very useful for those on want to track the records with date and time.
The Changes which are done on your document will be shown highlighted. Even a single edited word will be shown in the revision history. This is the best way to track the changes in google docs. You don’t need to do any hard work to track the changes. If you just wanted to see the changes then Version History is the way for you. You have to just follow these easy step by step instructions.
Use Suggestion Mode (Second Way)
Suggestion mode is the best way to Track the Changes in Google Docs. By using the suggestion mode you can easily track the changes and also you can save the changes which were done. So open the Google Docs and just follow the steps to learn the use of suggestion mode for tracking the changes.
- Firstly you have to open the document in which you want to track the changes. Once your document opened completely then follow the second step.
- In the document, you can see the pencil icon which is present in the upper right corner. You have to just click on the icon of the pencil.
- When you clicked on the pencil icon you can see three options Editing, Suggestion, and Viewing. You have to just click on the option of Suggestion which is in the second position.
By using this suggestion mode you can accept or reject the suggestions if you have the permission of commenting or editing in the document.
When You completed these steps then the changes which were done in the document are saved in the google drive. You can easily check the changes in google drive. This is the best way to track the changes in google docs. You can use it easily and track the changes anytime.
How to Accept or Reject the Suggestion Edit (Detail use of Suggestion edit)
Once you have completed the steps which are mentioned in the upper instructions then you have to just follow these steps. Because after that, your partner or everyone is just able to suggest the edit and changes. It’s your choice to accept it or reject it. So let’s see how can we accept or reject the suggestions or comments.
- First, you have to open the document in which you have enabled suggesting mode. So just open the file in google docs.
- When you opened the document then you can see the option of tools in the ribbon. So just click on the tools.
- When you click on tools then you can see the option of Review Suggested edits. You have to just click on Review Suggested edits.
- After completing these steps you can easily see the suggestion and comments on the right side. It is your choice to select the suggestion which was given by your partner. If you want those suggestions or comments on your file then just click on the Accept. If you don’t like it if you don’t want this suggestion then just reject it.
So this is the process of accepting or rejecting the suggestions in google docs.
How to Double Space In Google Docs ← Click on it to read it.
Use the Editing Mode to track the changes in google docs ( Third Way )
If you have shared the document and the other editors of the document edit or change the unnecessary changes, Then you can disable their access by just following the instructions which I have described in this method. By using this mode, you are the only one who has permission to change or edit the document. Your other partners or editor of the document are not able to edit the document.
Read the instructions carefully to learn in detail and to learn about the Editing Mode.
- Firstly you have to open the document in which you want to disable other editors. Just open the document in google docs.
- Now You can see the option of share in the upper right corner in the blue color box. You have to just click on the Share button.
- When you clicked on the share button then you can see the option of Advanced in the lower right corner. You have to just click on the click on the Advanced.
- Once you clicked on the Advanced then Sharing settings will be opened. In the sharing settings, you can delete the editor and disable the editor. If you don’t want to delete the other editor then you can disable their permission to edit the document.
- For disabling the permission of editing you have to do these steps. You can see two boxes on the lower side and you have to just click on the first box. The text of the first box is ‘Prevent editors from changing access and adding new people. Just click on this box.
- After all these steps you have to just click on Done.
So these are the settings by which you can disable the editors. You have to just follow these easy steps and you remain the only one who has the right to edit the document. This is the best method for you if you want that no one can edit your document.
I hope that you have learned in this article that How to Track Changes in Google Docs. I have given the three methods for tracking the changes in Google Docs. Each method was described in detail and step by step. So just read the step by step instructions carefully to be an expert in tracking changes in google docs.
The methods which are described in this article are too easy and the most useful methods. You can easily track the changes in Google Docs by following just any easy method from this article. Each method is described in detail step by step instruction. So that you can easily understand the complete process and track the changes very easily. We have also used the images for your compatibility. With the help of images, you can understand the process in more detail.
Start your Work in Google Docs and Track the Changes in Google Docs by Clicking on Google Docs.
If you like this article and found this article helpful then you can also read the other article on this website ( The TechVin ). We have written many helpful articles on technology. We have given the solution to many technical problems. All the articles are described in detail and step by step instruction also available.
Thanks for reading, I hope that you have learned How to Track Changes in Google Docs easily and fastly. You can also share this article with your friends and google doc partners so that they also can track the changes.