This The TechVin article is going to explain to you How to Remove Header In Google Docs in just a few seconds. There are different ways available to remove the Header and footer in google docs. We have covered almost ways that will help you to remove the header from the google docs. All the ways are explained in detail and step by step.
The header is the upper part of your document which describes the name, page number, and identity of your page. But sometimes these headers and footers covers the maximum areas of your google doc page. We have described 4 different ways by which you can get rid of headers and footers in google docs.
How to Remove Header In Google Docs
If you have a document in which you want to remove the header then, you can remove it easily by following the below steps. This method will work when you have a header in your document. But if you want to remove the blank space then, we have also defined those ways. So if you want to want to remove the blank space then read the after ways which we have defined in this guide. But first, read the below step to know How to Remove the Header in Google docs.
- First of all, you have to open the Google docs on your PC. You can click on Google docs to open it right now in the next tab.
- In the google docs, open the document in which you want to remove the header.
- Now you need to just click on the header. You need to put your cursor in the header.
- After that, you have to click on the options which are available in the header sections.
- Click on the Remove Header in the short drop-down menu. When you click on options then a short menu will open in which you have to click on Remove header. This is the last option on the list.
- Now you can see that your header is removed from your google doc.
So these are the complete steps that you have to follow to remove the header in google docs. This is the shortest way to remove the header from the page of the google doc.
How to Remove Header In Google Docs (Second Way)
There is one more way by which you can learn How to Remove the Header in Google docs. The first way will work definitely but if in the conditions of updates when google docs remove this option then you must an alternative way. So you can also follow these steps to remove the header in google docs successfully. Now let’s start the steps.
- Open the Google docs on your PC.
- In the google docs, you have to open the document in which you want to remove the header.
- Now you have to click on the header in the google doc. You need to put your cursor in the header of your google doc page.
- After that, you have to click on the Format tab in the menu bar.
- A drop-down menu will open in which you have to click on the option of Header & Footer.
- When you will click on it then a short menu will open in which you have to click on the Remove header.
- Now you have removed the header from your google document of google docs.
So this the alternative way to remove the header in the google docs. You can also use this way to remove the header from the page of the google doc. These are the genuine ways that will help you to remove the header in the google docs.
When you will remove these types of space in your google docs then maximum possibilities are generated to make the blank page in your google docs. This blank page can be the last page of your google document. If you want to remove delete this page then you can click on How to Delete a Page in Google Docs to learn it.
How to Remove the Header Space In Google Docs
Now if you want to remove the blank space which is available in your google docs then you can follow the below ways. You can also use this process to remove the header in Google Docs. We are going to use the rural to remove this header. So if you want to remove these margins of the header then you have to follow the below steps.
- First, open the google docs on your pc.
- In the google docs, open the document in which you want to remove the header space.
- In the document, you have to check that, you have rural in your google doc as shown in the image.
- Now move your cursor to the grey margin which is available on your left side. When you move it to the grey side then you can see the up-down arrow and text of top margin also.
- When you will see the up-down arrow then you have to left-click on your mouse and then just drag it the upper side. You can see that your header space was gone.
So this the process that you have to apply in your google doc to remove the header space. By the way, this process is known as changing the margin. If you want to learn How to Change the Margins In Google Docs in deeply then just click on it.
How to Remove the Header Margin In Google Docs
This is the second way to remove the header space in the google docs. In this process. We are going to use the page setup. We can remove or change the margins (header space) accurately. If you want to learn this process then you can follow the below steps.
- Firstly you have to open the google docs on your pc.
- Open the document in which you want to remove the header.
- Now you have to click on the File tab in the menu bar.
- A drop-down menu will open, you have to scroll down this drop-down menu and then click on Page Setup.
- One dialogue box will open of ‘Page Setup’. In this dialogue box, you can see the margins section. This margin section has the margins of your document. Now you have to simply click on the top margin’s number and convert it to the 0 (zero).
- After that, you can see that the header of your document is now removed.
So this is the complete process that you have to follow to remove the header in the google docs.
Headers & Footers In Google Docs
Headers and Footers are the part of the document in which you feel the details of the page. Mainly the headers and footers contain information like the page number, name, and date, etc. If you have a large number of pages in your document then it is the best option to use the headers and footer in google docs. The headers and footer helps to find the specific page in the large number of pages.
But sometimes you feel that the headers and footers are not so useful in your document. The condition is like, first you insert the headers and footers in your google docs to manage and make the document and now your document is complete and ready. Now you want to share with your friends and partners or you want to print this document. But you don’t feel the importance of headers and footers in your document then you have must have to remove it. Because your work is now complete and now you have to remove these headers and footers from your document.
All the ways which we have described in this guide have the perfect solutions to your problem of How to Remove Header In Google Docs completely. If you have read the full guide and all the ways then, congratulations because you have learned all the ways by which you can remove the header in Google Docs. Now you can start your work on your google docs. But if you have some time then you can read the below information also.
We hope that you have got your solution but if you have any more questions and queries then you ask us. You can tell us your query via the comment box. We will help you to remove the header in google docs. You will get a reply as soon as possible from us. You can also read the related article on our website The TechVin. We have lots of articles available on google docs. These articles like a tutorial and guide that will help you to increase your knowledge and skill of google docs.
If you want to get the latest updates of these types of articles then you can follow us on social media websites. Whenever, we post a new tutorial or a guide on google docs and any other article that will help you to organize your office work. You will get an update from us on social media. You can click on the different social media icons that are available on our website.
Thanks for reading and we hope that you have understand that How to Remove Header In Google Docs. If you have liked this article then you can share this article with your friends and colleagues. You have to just click on any social media icon where you want to share this article. So this is the last paragraph of this article and just want to say that increase your knowledge, never stop learning, and continue reading articles and tutorials on our website.