In this article, you are going to learn the most important feature of MS Excel. You are going to learn ‘How to Remove Duplicates in Excel’ easily. You have an excel sheet in which you have a large amount of data with multiple headings and titles. In this type of excel sheet, it is too much difficult to find and delete the duplicate data manually. In this article, you can learn How to Remove Duplicates in Excel Easily and Fastly.
If we want to delete the duplicate data manually then its a time-consuming process and it is difficult also to manually find and delete the duplicate data. So the MS Excel provides the features to remove duplicates and with the help of these features, we can find and delete the duplicate data in just a few seconds. If you want to know about the feature to remove duplicates in excel then you have to just read this article.
How to Remove Duplicates in Excel
Remove Duplicate is a feature that is provided in the MS Excel and we are going to learn the use of this feature. In this article, we have a sheet in which we are going to remove the duplicates. We have provided the images or videos of the sheet and we have described a complete article step by step with the proper description. So that you can understand the use of this feature in detail.
How to Find Duplicates in Excel
Firstly we have to find how many duplicate data is available in our sheet. When we check our duplicate data then we can get the analysis of our data that how many duplicate data available in our excel sheet and which data is important or not. So let’s see How to Check Duplicates in Excel.
Firstly you need to have MS Excel on your PC if you don’t have MS Excel on your PC then you can use MS Excel for free without paying any money. You need to just click on this ‘MS Excel For Free‘ to open the MS Excel.
- Firstly you have to open your excel sheet in which you want to check the duplicates.
- Now you have to select your complete data in which you want to find the duplicates.
- You have to open the Home tab in the upper Menu bar of excel.
- In the Home tab, you can see the Option of Conditional Formatting. You have to just click on Conditional Formatting.
- When you click on Conditional Formatting then a dropdown menu will open. In this drop-down menu, you have to click on the first option ‘Highlight Cells Rules’.
- One more drop-down menu will open again. In this dropdown menu, you have to click on the last option ‘Duplicate Values’.
- After that, all the Duplicate values are highlighted in your sheet. And a Dialogue box will also open up Duplicate values.
- In the Dialogue box, you have options for highlighting the values.
- The first option is to highlight your value ‘Duplicate Values’ or ‘Unique Values’. You want to find duplicate values and it is by default selected, you don’t need to do anything.
- The second option is to format your highlighting. If you click on this option then a dropdown menu will open in which you can select color and format for highlighting the values.
- Now just click OK on your dialogue box.
- After that, all the duplicate values are highlighted. You can find duplicate values.
How to Remove Duplicates in Excel
If you find any duplicate value in your sheet with the help of the upper process then you can delete those duplicate values with the help of this process. It is also too easy to delete the duplicate values from your excel sheet. You need to just follow the below steps to remove duplicates.
- Firstly you have to open a sheet in which has duplicate data.
- Now you have to select the complete data of your excel sheet.
- After that, you have to open the Data tab which is available in the Menu Bar.
- You can see the option of Remove Duplicates in the Data Tools Block in the Data tab. You have to just click on Remove Duplicates.
- When you click on Remove Duplicates then a Dialogue Box will open of Remove Duplicates.
- With the help of this Dialogue Box, you can Remove Duplicates from your excel sheet.
- In this Dialogue Box, you can see your headers and if your sheet doesn’t have headers or titles then you can uncheck the box of My data has headers. If you uncheck it then the name of your columns comes in this dialogue box.
- You can see the checked boxes of columns that show that your data has covered in these columns and you want to remove the data which is the same in all the headers like this image.
- With the help of these dialogue box, you can manually remove the data from your excel sheet.
- When you have check all the boxes and settings then you have to click on OK.
Now your all the duplicate data is removed.
If you have completed your sheet then you must have to lock the cells. So that no one can edit your sheet. You can learn How to Lock the Cell in Excel by just clicking on it.
If you have read this article carefully then you can remove duplicates from your excel sheet very easily. If you want to open the dialogue box of remove duplicates then you can directly open the dialogue box of remove duplicate with the help of this shortcut key (Alt + A + M). You have to just press these keys on your keyboard and then the dialogue box of remove duplicates is opened.
Free tutorials of MS Excel is available on our website. If you want to improve your skills in MS Excel then you can read the articles on our website. You can read unlimited helpful articles of MS Excel on our website for free. You have many articles of MS Excel in which we have described the complete tutorials, basics, and amazing tricks that will help you in making the Excel sheet excellent. If you want to learn then just click on this red to Free MS Excel Tutorials. After that, you can see the lots of articles of MS Excel you have to just click on the article which you like and then just read it and learn.
Well, this article is perfect which teaches you How to Remove Duplicates in Excel and now if you have more queries then you can contact us for the solution of your problem related to tech then you click on any social media icon which we have provided on our website. You have to just click on social media icon and then follow us and after that, you can send us your problem and questions in the message box we will help you in solving your problem.
Leave a Reply