If you want to learn How to Multiply in Excel then read the complete article carefully. Multiplication is the process that is used continuously to create an Excel sheet. You can improve your skill of excel or spreadsheet by reading this article.
In this article, we will learn three operations of Multiplying in Excel. In these three ways or operations, we are going to cover all the needs of multiplication in excel. We are going to learn How to multiply in one cell, How to Multiply two or more cells, and in the last How to multiply rows and columns. We have described each way in detail and step by step so that you can learn it perfectly.
How to Multiply in Excel
If we want to multiply in excel then we have to use the formulas which are used in excel to multiply the values. There are two formulas available in Excel and with the help of these formulas, we can multiply any value or any cell which we want to multiply.
Multiplication Formula in Excel
The Formulas are the most important in the excel if we want to do any calculation in excel. In Excel, two formulas are available by which we can do multiplication. Let’s see the Formulas of Multiplication.
- “=num*num”: This is the first formula which we are going to use in excel. In this formula, num represents the number. This is the quick formula for multiplication in excel. If we want to do any calculation of numbers in one cell or two cells then this formula is the best.
- ” =PRODUCT() “: This is the second formula which we are going to use in excel. If we want to do a long process like the whole rows and columns then this formula is most usable in this condition of multiplication.
How to Multiply in Excel (Numbers in One Cell)
If you want to multiply two or more numbers in on cell then you have to follow this process in excel. You can multiply as many numbers as want to multiply in excel. You have to just follow these steps carefully. So that you can multiply numbers in excel easily.
- Firstly you have to open MS Excel on your PC or Desktop. If you don’t have an MS Excel in your PC then you can download it by just clicking on this red text Download MS Excel.
- Now you can open your sheet in which you want to do multiplication. You can also open a new Workbook for practice.
- In the first cell, you have to type the sign of equal ‘=’. It is available on your keyboard.
- Type the first number after the sign of equal like this =5.
- After the number, you have to type the symbol of asterisk * like this =5*.
- Now you have to type the second number after the symbol of an asterisk. After typing the number your cell looks like this =5*4. If you have typed a different number you will see different numbers.
- If you want to add more numbers then you have type again the symbol of asterisk and then type your number which you want to type. You have to just keep in mind that you have to type the symbol of asterisk * before typing any value.
- Press Enter, you have to just press enter on your keyboard after completing these steps.
- Then you can see your multiplication in the cell.
So this is the complete process of multiplication in one cell. You have learned How to Multiply in excel in one cell. Continue reading and learn more amazing ways and became an expert in the process of multiplication in excel.
How to Multiply the Cells in Excel
In the excel most of the time, this process is used for the multiplication. If we talk about the columns and the rows then this is the main process which is also used in a multiplication of rows and columns. So you have to read this process carefully because this process is part of the process of columns and rows multiplication. Let’s learn How to Multiply two or more Cells in Excel.
Using “=num*num” formula
- Firstly you have to open a blank sheet or workbook in Excel.
- Now you have to enter the data or values in two cells. You have to enter the numbers in the cells.
- In a different cell, you have to type the sign of equal =.
- Now you have to select the cell of which you want to do the multiplication.
- Put the symbol of asterisk * after selecting the first cell as shown in the image. You have the symbol of an asterisk on your keyboard, you have to type it.
- After the symbol of an asterisk, you have to select the second cell.
- Now if you want to add more cells to multiply then you have to repeat the 5th and 6th step in which we have described that you have to put the symbol of asterisk and then select the cell.
- Press Enter, Now you have to just press enter after entering the all the cell which you want to multiply.
Using “=PRODUCT()” formula
- Firstly you have to open the sheet or workbook in Excel.
- In the second step, you have to enter the data in two or more cells. Enter the numbers in the Cell.
- Now in the blank cell, you have to type this =PRODUCT( formula.
- Now you have to put your cursor on the cell which you want to multiply and then select the cell.
- Press coma ‘,’ after selecting the first cell. You have to do the same as shown in the image.
- After that, you have to select the second cell which you want to multiply.
- Then again press the coma if you want to select more cells for multiplication. After the coma, you have to select the third cell.
- After that, you have to close the bracket.
- Press Enter, You have press the Enter button on your keyboard to get the multiplication.
You have got your result of multiplication in the resultant cell. This is the second formula by which we can multiply as many cells as we want to multiply.
Once you have completed this process of multiplication then you can lock the cell so that you and no one can’t able to edit it by mistake. So if you want to learn How to Lock the cell in excel then you can click on this How to Lock the Cells in Excel red text to learn the process of locking the cells.
How to Multiply Columns in Excel
Multiplication of rows and columns is also too easy like multiplication of two cells. In this process, we have some extra steps in comparison to the upper process. So let’s see the steps of this process.
- Firstly you have to open a sheet or workbook in excel.
- Now you have to make the two or more columns of some numerical values.
- After making the two columns of data you have to select the front column for the results.
- In the first cell of the result column, you have to type =PRODUCT(.
- Then you have to select the first row of two columns. You can get the help of the video which we have provided below.
- Now you can see that the address of the cell that you have selected for the multiplication is now shown in the resultant cell. You can also write the names of the cells like this ‘=PRODUCT(A2, B2’.
- After that, you have to close the bracket.
- Press Enter, You have got your multiplication.
- Now you have to move your cursor on the lower right corner of the cell in which you have got multiplication. When you move the cursor then you can see the sign of plus like this +.
- When you see this plus sign then you have to click on it and drag it down to the cell in which you want the result of the multiplication.
- Then you have to leave your click. You can watch the video tutorial below for more information.
You can see the complete multiplication of two columns in your resultant column. If you want the multiplication of rows then you have to do the same for the rows.
If you are going to make two columns for the multiplication then you need to merge the cells for making a better heading for your values. You can learn How to Merge the Cells in Excel by just clicking on the red text.
We have written this article on How to Multiply in Excel for improving your skills in MS Excel. You can improve your skill in MS Excel by just reading this article. We have described all the process in detail and step by step so that you can learn easily. If you had learned this article then you can multiply any number and cell in excel. All the process of multiplication is easy for you if you have read this article carefully and completely.
Free tutorials of the MS Excel are available on our website (The TechVin). You can read those articles and learn Tricks and Tips for Excel. We have provided the help of images and videos in each article. If you are a beginner then you can learn the MS Excel on our website and you can be an expert in making the sheet of MS Excel. To search those articles, you have to type the Excel in the search bar which is available on our website. You can also open the category of MS office in which you can get the most useful tutorials of these types of productive software.
If you want to contact us then you have to click on any social media icon which we have provided on our website. After that, you have to follow us on this social media website and then just message us your problem on our social media handle. You can also search The TechVin on google and any social media site then you can send us your query in the message. We will help you in solving your problem.
In the last, thanks for reading, and we hope you have learned How to Multiply in Excel in different ways. Now is an expert in the multiplication process that is used in MS Excel.
Leave a Reply