You have got your destination because this the article where you get the knowledge of How to Make mac Dark Mode on the macOS like Catalina and Mojave. Well any macOS version you have, the steps we are going to share with you will work on all the versions of macOS.
If you are also one of those who spend maximum hours of the day on a digital screen then you must need to use the dark mode. There are lots of benefits that we get while using dark mode. The benefits like Dark mode doesn’t harm your eyes, you can work properly with full of focus, and Long lasting battery of macOS.
Apple is amazing, it gives us the auto feature as well so that in the day our MacBook interface works in light mode, and at night it works in night mode. So let’s see how can we enable the dark mode in macOS.
How to Make mac Dark Mode
To make the mac in Dark Mode follow this process. “First, click on the apple icon and then click on the System preferences from the drop-down menu. After that, click on the General and then click on Dark to make your mac Dark Mode“. You can also select the auto mode to get light mode in the day and dark mode at night. You can also follow the below steps to understand the process in more detail.
- Click on the “Apple icon”.
- Next click on “System preferences”.
- After that, click on “General”.
- Now just click on “Dark” to turn on the dark mode in mac.
These are the steps to turn on the dark mode in mac. You can easily make your mac dark mode. The Apple MacBook Air or Pro is completely supportable with dark mode. All the applications of the MacBook and third-party apps that you installed can support night mode. Versions like Mojave and Catalina and all the versions have this feature and steps are workable on every OS.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on mac (in 3 Seconds)
There is one more way to turn on the dark mode on Mac. We can say this way as the shortcut method to turn on the dark mode in macOS. If you are using the MacBook then you know about Siri. Siri is the virtual assistant in your MacBook and it comes with every Apple product. Siri can do all the works for you, you just need to give the order to Siri.
In this way, we are going to use Siri to turn on the dark mode. You just need to say the Siri to turn on the dark mode and it will turn on the dark mode for you. Follow the below steps to get the knowledge of it in detail.
- First, click on the Siri icon, it is available in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Now, just say ‘Turn ON the Dark Mode’ to Siri when the short window will open for listening to your voice.
- Siri will say ‘OK, I’ve turned on Dark Mode’ and now you can use your mac in Dark Mode.
This is the easiest method ever to turn ON the dark mode in mac. If you follow this way then you have no need to worry about remembering so many steps to open system preferences and go to general and click on dark and vice and versa. Just open the Siri and give the order to Siri to turn on the dark mode.
How to Turn Off Night Mode on MacBook and ON the light Mode
You have known that How to Turn ON the Dark Mode in MacBook. But what about turning it Off? If you work on your laptop is the day and especially outside then dark can build trouble for you. But don’t worry about that, because we are going to give you the way to turn Off the dark mode as well.
In simple words, you just need to follow the steps that you followed to turn on the dark mode. The difference is that this time you have to choose the light mode and focus on your work. To understand the process briefly, just follow the steps.
- First, click on the Apple icon which is available in the top left corner.
- Second, click on System preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the General which is present in the window of System preferences.
- After that, Click on Light to Turn Off the Dark Mode.
- Your MacBook is now work in Light mode.
You have learned to Turn Off the Dark Mode on macOS. Well, we have one more way, which is the shortcut method to Turn Off the Dark Mode. And the way is Siri method.
Best Android Emulator for Mac ← Click on it to read it.
Shortcut to Turn Off Dark Mode and ON the Light Mode
Now if you want to know How to Turn Off the Dark Mode in just a few seconds then follow the below steps.
- First, click on the Siri icon and it is available in the top right corner.
- After that, Speak ‘Turn Off Dark Mode’ and it will turn off the dark mode.
- You will get the notification by Siri as OK, I’ve turned off the Dark Mode.
This is the shortcut method to turn off the dark mode in just three steps. Now it is the game for you of just a few seconds. But what if you don’t need to spend these few seconds as well. As we have one more way, if you follow that way then you don’t need to turn ON or Off Dark Mode again and again. Just read the next way in which we have shared the single detail about it.
Use Auto Mode to use Dark and Light Mode
MacBook provides us the feature in which it controls the dark and light modes. In the day, macOS use Light mode and at night it uses Dark Mode. Let’s see how to enable it in few steps.
- Click on the Apple icon, it is present in the upper left corner.
- Next, click on the System preferences.
- After that, click on General.
- Now just click on Auto to enable auto dark mode or light mode in macOS.
These 4 steps process you have to follow to enable the dark mode and light mode on auto. Now, whenever you use your mac in the day then it will work in light mode and when you use your mac at night then it works in night mode as the dark mode.
Amazing and Important Features of Dark Mode on MacBook
It’s time to discuss the features and of Dark Mode that we can use in macOS. It is important to know about that features. Because whenever you work on any app that has some extra features in dark mode then it can increase your focus and productivity. So below are some features available and they are app-wise.
- Turn off dark mode for pages in TextEdit: macOS has the most amazing feature ‘TextEdit’ that you can use while editing the document. If you work on word or any document then mostly light mode is the most convenient mode to edit the document. It is also annoying to turn on and off dark mode for documents only. But this problem has a solution, just follow the below steps to learn it.
- Open TextEdit application on your MacBook.
- After that, click on the View tab from the menu bar.
- Click on Use Dark Background for Windows to deselect it.
- Turn off dark mode in notes only: We can use the light background for notes as well while the dark mode is on in your MacBook. You just need to follow the below steps.
- Open notes on your MacBook.
- Click the Notes tab from the menu bar.
- After that, click on the Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Now uncheck the box of Use dark background for Notes Content.
- Close the Preferences window.
- Turn off night mode for maps: If you want to use maps in light mode when dark mode on and don’t want to turn off or on again and again then follow the below steps.
- Open maps on your mac.
- Now click on the View tab from the menu bar.
- After that, click on Use Dark Map to deselect it.
- Use Mail in Light Mode While Dark Mode is ON: If you want to use the light mode in the mail and at the same time you don’t want to turn off the night mode then just follow this process.
- Open mail on your macOS.
- After that, click on the View tab from the menu bar.
- Now, just click on Use dark backgrounds for messages to deselect it. Now enjoy the light mode in the mail app.
- Use All websites in dark mode via safari: You can use the websites in dark mode if the website supports the dark in the Safari browser. And the best thing is that you have no need to follow any other extra process to enable it.
Note: All these features work in the Mojave or the latest versions of macOS like Catalina or Big Sur.
Important information (Conclusion):
The dark mode has amazing craze and it is because of its features and benefits. The benefits like it help to be focused on work and it doesn’t harm our eyes and many more. The interface also looks stunning while we turned on the dark mode. So, in this article, we have tried to show you How to Make mac Dark Mode and we learned to turn it off as well.
This article has the solution to your problem How to Make mac Dark Mode and other details as well that you need to know. If you have read this article right now then you have now ultimate knowledge about the night mode of macOS. But whenever you face any problem with your MacBook then just tell us with the help of a comment box. And don’t forget to hit the bell icon to get the updates of articles like this. Till then keep sharing knowledge and keep gaining knowledge.