Now you are on the right article, in this article, you are going to get the best and finest ways to make different types of graphs in excel. If you have regular work on excel then you have to must know that ‘How to Make a Graph in Excel’. Believe me making a graph in excel is too easy. If you want to make a graph in excel then you have to just read the complete article.
You can make a graph in excel easily even if you never used Excel before that. If you want to make a graph in excel easily and fastly without doing any mistake then just read the complete article. Because in this article, you get step by step instructions in a detailed description of each step. So just read and focus on each step.
How to Make a Graph in Excel
There are so many different versions are available of Microsoft Excel and steps are almost the same in all versions. No matter which version of Microsoft Excel you have in your PC because the steps and instructions are the same in all the versions of Excel. Just read and follow the instructions step by step.
Open the Microsoft Excel on Your Desktop or PC
- When you open your desktop then you can see the icon of start in the left lower side corner of the window. Just click on it either you can press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Now you have to search for ‘Microsoft Excel’ in the search box.
- After that you can see the Microsoft excel in search results. It has the icon of X in it. Just click on it to open the Microsoft Excel.
If you don’t have Microsoft Excel on your PC then you can download it. You have to click on Download Excel to Download it.
Now Open the Excel Sheet
If you have a sheet in which you want to make the graph then you can open your existing sheet. And if you want to learn how it works then you can open a new sheet. It is also called as Blank Workbook.
Create the Sheet or Import the Data
- Now you have to insert your data in the Microsoft Excel sheet.
- Feel each Column and Row with carefully. Use A1 and series 1 for the headings and labels.
After completing the sheet you have to move on to the next step.
Select the Data for Making the Graph
Now you have to select the data which you want to visualize in the graph.
- Use your mouse, Right-click on your mouse and start selecting from the top-left corner of your window and drag it to the end.
- Now move on to the next instruction.
Select the Graph or Chart
In Microsoft Excel Graph is known as Charts all the sections and features named as Charts. So don’t confuse the Graphs and Charts are the same, so you have to select a chart or graph. Just follow the steps which are described below.
- In the above toolbar you can see the option of Insert which is near the Home. You have to click on Insert in the toolbar.
- Now you can see the section of Charts, Select one chart (Graph) in which you want to visualize your data.
- You have nine options and also you can select the 2D or 3D graphs for your data visualization.
- If you are using the latest version of Microsoft Excel then you can see the option of recommended charts you can also use this option. It is great for you.
- When you select the chart in which you want to visualize your data then just click OK.
Now excel sheet is complete with the graph and now if you want this sheet or graph in PDF file then you have to convert this file into PDF file. In this condition, you can learn How to Convert the Graph into PDF File.
This is the complete process of implementing the graph in the excel sheet. We have described the complete methods for implementing the graph in all the versions of Microsoft excel. These methods work in all the versions of Microsoft excel. You can face some problems if you are using Windows 7.
Now let’s see the editing of the graph.
How to Edit a Graph or How to Add Elements in Chart (Graph).
You can make your graph as you want. There are so many tools are available in the chart section. By using these tools you can edit or make your graph excellent. So let’s see how can you edit the graph or how can you add more elements in the graph. After reading these you can use all the tools of the graph very easily.
Design and Format
When you insert the graph in your excel then these options appear in the upper toolbar. You can see two options in Chart tools which are Design and Format.
Use of Design section: By using the Design Section you can edit the graph elements and you can add the data in your graph. You can also change the Chart (Graph) type, edit the layout of your graph. You can also remove the elements and other unneeded items from your Graph.
Use of Format Section: In the Format section you can edit or change the complete format of your Chart (Graph). You can change the styles of your font which are used in Graph, edit the section colors of your graph. You can change the shape, you can edit the color of outlines, you can edit the shape or effect of the graph. There are so many options available in the format section but these are some options. By using those options you can change your graph completely.
Major and Important Editing Tools of Graph
In this part we read about some major editing tools which are mostly used in the editing of every graph which you made or any type of work. If you know about these editing tools, then you can easily create an excellent graph. So let’s know about these editing tools and learn some major and important features of the Graph.
Add Title of Graph in Excel
- For adding a title you have to open the chart tools.
- Then you can see the option of the Chart title. You can see the option of Chart title when you open the Chart tools.
- You can select any type of chart title just select any type of Chart Title.
- Then a box will open, In the box you have to type the Title of your Chart (Graph).
Hide the Axis of Graph in Excel
If you want to Hide any Axis then follow the steps which are mentioned below.
- First you have to open the Chart Tools.
- Now you have to open the Design Section.
- You have to select the Chart Element.
- In the Chart element you can see the option of Axes and Axis titles and more options. But you have to click on the Axes.
- Now You have to click on the axis that you want to hide or display.
Edit the Axis of Graph in Excel
In the Chart, the editing of the axis is the most important. Many times some graphs don’t give the result as you want. In this condition the main fault is of the axis of Graph.
- Again, you have to open the Chart tools.
- Now you have to open the section of Format.
- You have to open the Chart Elements in the section Format.
- After that you have to select the axis which you want to edit.
Add or Edit Data Labels of Graph in Excel
Data Labels are the secondary options in the Graph but sometimes adding the data labels in the graph is necessary. So let’s see How can you add the data labels in your Graph.
- First you have to open the Chart Tools which are present in the upper bar.
- Open the Design Chart Section of Chart Tools.
- Now you have to open the Chart Element.
- Now you can see the chart elements and Data labels are one of these elements. Just click on the Arrow of Data Labels.
- You have options of data labels for on which place you want this data labels. Choose one of these data labels.
- Now name your data labels and complete this process.
There are so many tools are available to edit the Graph. These are some major tools which are used in most of the graphs. And all the remaining tools are available in the same section. You can edit your chart by opening the same section in the Chart Element in the Design Section. I am going to show you the steps which you have to follow for editing of the Graph.
- Select the Chart which you made in your Excel Sheet.
- Now you can see the section of Chart Tools in the upper Bar.
- You can see two sections in Chart Tools first is Design Chart and the second is Format.
- Then you have to open the Chart Element and all the major editing tools are present in this section.
These are the complete information of making or creating a graph in excel and also some major editing tools which are used in making the graph. This information which are described in this article is written for all the version of Microsoft Excel. You can use these instructions in all the versions of Excel. And use these instructions step by step for the best results.
I hope that this information will help you in making the Graph on Microsoft Excel. You can make any type of graph very easily if you will read this completely and with attention then you can make any type of Graph very easily. If you are facing the problems in excel then you can read the articles on this website. You can find more articles on this website “The TechVin” which can make your work easier on Microsoft Excel.