You found the right article, Here you are going to learn ‘How To Highlight In Google Docs’ quickly and creatively. We are going to teach you ‘How to Highlight Text In Google Docs’ and ‘How to Highlight Image in Google Docs’ both. You will get a brief description of both text and image as well.
In this article, lots of information is available for you by which you can get the complete knowledge of highlighting a text or image in google docs. You will get interesting tips and tricks that will be useful for you to highlight in google docs. You can read the content table as well to know what is and how much knowledgeable content is available for you in this article.
Table of Contents
How to Highlight In Google Docs
If you have read the content table then definitely you know about the article. So don’t miss the single word of the article to be an expert in the highlight in google docs. In this article, you will get the knowledge about Word Highlight Shortcut in google docs and many more. So don’t miss the single point and any information in this article. If you want to Learn How to Highlight Image in Google Docs then learn it from the 5th way. You have to learn to highlight the image from the 5th way.
How to Highlight In Google Docs (Text)
This is the way by which you can learn How to highlight text in google docs. In this way, we are going to use the color to highlight the text as we do in our books to highlight the text. We have lots of ways by which we can highlight text in google docs but this the easiest, common, and main way to highlight text in google docs.
Steps to Highlight Text by Applying the Color in the Background In Google Docs
- First of all, Open the Google Docs on your PC.
- Now just open your document or you can also open the new document to practice it,
- If you have opened a new document then write some words and if you have opened the existing document then just move on to the 4th step.
- Select the text that you want to highlight with color. You need to right-click on your mouse and then drag it to the end of the text that you want to select. There is one more way to select the text that is available in a next way.
- After selecting the text, you have to click on the highlight pen icon that is available in the upper font style toolbar.
- When you click on the highlight pen icon then you can see lots of colors, you need to choose any of them. You can also click on custom to select any other color.
- Now our text is highlighted in Google Docs.
This is the complete guide that you need to follow to highlight text in google docs. Now we are going to learn some different ways by which you can highlight text in google docs.
How to Remove Highlight from Word In Google Docs
If you want to remove the highlight from words in google docs then you need to follow the below steps.
- First, select the highlighted words.
- Now click on the highlight tool in the font style toolbar.
- After that, click on none to remove the highlight from the words of google docs.
Now we have successfully removed highlight from the word. These are steps that you need to follow to remove the highlight from the word in google docs.
How to Highlight Text In Google Docs by Changing the Color of Text
This is another way that you can follow to highlight your text. In the first way, we learn to highlight text with the highlight pen tool. But in this way, we are going to do something different. In the document, there are different types of important and unimportant text. We can show them and divide them with different types of highlighting. So, you need to learn this way also.
Steps to Highlight the Text by Changing the Color of Text
- In the first step, open the google docs and the document in which you want to highlight the text.
- Now just select the text that you want to highlight. You need to press the shift and the right arrow key to select the text. You can also select the text with a mouse.
- After that, just click on the text color tool, the icon of text color is A and underline. This text color tool is available in the upper font style toolbar.
- When you click on the text color tool then some colors are opened in front of you. You just need to select any of them.
- You can see your text now, your text is highlighted.
This is another solution to your problem of How to Highlight Text In Google Docs. Use this way to highlight some important words. Well, this way of highlighting is mainly used when your words have something to refer to any other thing. Now let’s learn more ways to highlight everything in google docs.
How to Remove the text Color in Google Docs: You just need to follow the same steps that you have to follow in the upper way to apply the color. You just need to select the black color to remove the text color.
How to Highlight All In Google Docs (All Ways in This)
We have learned 1st way and 2nd way in which we have got the knowledge of some main ways to highlight the text. If you don’t read the first and second ways then I recommend you to learn the upper ways first. Upper ways are main and the ways we are going to learn in this topic have other ways. We have not included the upper ways in this topic.
If you want to highlight everything in your google document then just follow the below steps.
- First, you need to open the document in google docs.
- Now just press Ctrl+A to select all in your google document.
- After that, click on the highlight tool that is available in the upper Font Style Toolbar.
- You can see lots of colors, you just need to select any one color to highlight all in google docs.
These are the steps that you need to follow to highlight all in google docs.
Tips and Tricks to Highlight Text
In this topic, we are going to learn some other ways by which we can also highlight our text. There is not only one way to highlight the text in google docs, in fact, we can also highlight our text in so many ways and we can highlight our text as our text deserves to highlight. So without wasting time just read the ways via the points. Each point has Each way.
Use Bold to Highlight This Type of Text
Well, the main highlight tool is mainly used to highlight the text which is most important to read. But we can use the Bold to highlight our text that is important in a sentence or paragraph. Bold Highlight is mainly used to highlight the text that contains the meaning of a complete sentence. You can also bold the people and things names that will come in your sentence. We have highlighted some words in this paragraph so that you at least read them carefully.
This bold highlight tool is also available in the font style toolbar and it has the icon bold B, Just like that. If you want to highlight some words via bold then you need to the same Select the Words>Click on Bold in Font Style bar.
You have learned How to Use Bold in Google docs to highlight the text and also learned which type of text you can highlight via this tool.
Use the Underline Tool to Highlight the Text
We can also underline the text that is important and has special meaning. The underline is the line that comes to the below of your text when you apply it. Sometimes in the document bold and underline applies to the text simultaneously. In the sentence, if you want to empathize with some words then you can use underline.
In the case, if you want to underline the text then this underline tool is also available in the same bar. You use this underline tool by following this way, Select the text that you want to highlight by the underline after that click on the Underline tool that is available in the font style bar.
All this information will help you to highlight the text with the underline. Now let’s read the next way and gain some knowledge.
Use Strikethrough to Highlight the Text in Google Docs
Well, I know you are thinking that why we need to use the strikethrough to highlight the text. So first let’s understand what is strikethrough and in how many variations we can use the strikethrough in our google doc.
Strikethrough is a line that crosses out the text from the middle of the text. This strikethrough tool is also available in all the word processors like google docs. There is only one main reason to use strikethrough in our text. The reason is that we need to cross that word because this word is not so important. We can use strikethrough in our google doc to cross some points that are not necessary but need to be included in the document.
If you want to learn How to Strikethrough In Google Docs then you can click on the below text.
How to Strikethrough In Google Docs ← Click on it to read it.
How to Highlight Image In Google Docs
If you want to learn How to Highlight Image in Google Docs then read this way completely. There are so many ways that you can follow to highlight your image in google docs. Learn all the ways and then select the way by which you want to highlight your image. So let’s start reading the ways.
How to Highlight Image in Google Docs Using Border
We can add the border to the image in the google docs. This is the first way that we can use to highlight our image in google docs. A tool of the border is available in google docs that can add the border to the image. So let’s learn How to Add Border to the Image in Google Docs to highlight it.
Steps to Highlight Image in Google Docs
- First, open the document in the google docs in which you have the image to highlight. You can also insert a new image in the google docs to highlight. If you don’t know how to do it then Click on How to Insert Image in Google Docs.
- Now you need to click on that image to select the image.
- When you click on an image then some image editing tools are open in the above toolbar.
- You need to click on the highlight pen icon that is available in the upper toolbar.
- Some colors will open on your screen, just select any of them.
- To increase the size of a border, just click on 3 lines border weight tool. This tool has an icon of three size increasing lines and it is available in the upper toolbar on the right side of the border color toolbar.
- You can also choose the type of border. If you want to choose then click on the tool of border dash that is available on the right side of the border weight.
- When you click on it then some options are open in front of you. Choose any one type of border that you like the most.
You can highlight any image by following these steps. If you want to learn How to insert images in google docs then you can learn it. You just need to click on the below text.
How to Insert Image in Google Docs ← Click on it to Read it
How to Highlight a Part of Image in Google Docs
We can highlight the part of the image in google docs by using some drawing tools. The drawing tool is the inbuilt tool in google docs. You can use this tool to edit your image also. We just need to insert our image into the drawing tool of google docs. Follow the below steps to understand the complete process.
- First, open the document in google docs in which you have an image.
- Now copy that image. Right-click on the image and then click on the copy option to copy the image.
- After that, click on the Insert tab that is available in the upper menu bar.
- Click on the drawing tool and then click on new.
- Once the drawing tool has opened then just press Ctrl+V to paste the image in the drawing tool.
- When your image is pasted in the drawing tool then just click on shapes in the upper editing toolbar.
- Here, you have different shapes to highlight any part of your image. You need to just use it.
These are steps that you need to highlight an image in google docs. If you want this way in the brief description then you can tell us via the comment section. You can click on the below text to learn how to flip an image in google docs.
How to Flip an Image in Google Docs ← Click on it to Read it
First I want to say that there is no shortcut available yet in google docs to highlight in google docs. If in the future, this type of any shortcut will come then I will share via a tutorial on our website. But at that time there is no shortcut available in google docs. Well if you have any questions related to this article then just tell us via the comment box. We will answer your question as soon as possible.
If you like this article and found this article helpful and knowledgeable then share this article on social media and with your friends by clicking on any of the social media buttons. This will appreciate us to write more articles like this for you. You can also follow us on social media. You just need to click on the social media icon that is available on the upper right side of the website. We will share new tips and tricks related to tech and office suite applications. So you will get the latest updates via our social media handles.
At the end of the article, I just want to say, I hope that you have learned ‘How to Highlight in Google Docs’ easily and quickly. You can find more articles like this on our website ‘The TechVin’. We have lots of articles available on our website that will increase your knowledge of google docs and office suite applications. Thanks for reading, keep reading, and keep increasing knowledge.