Mainly two ways available to Draw on Google Docs. You will learn both two ways of How to Draw on Google Docs Completely. Once you read this article then you can create any type of drawing in Google Docs on Desktop and Smartphone as well.
Both the ways depend on one tool which is the Drawing tool and both ways depending on the drawing tool. But first is a direct and second indirect method.
In a direct way, we can use the drawing tool that is available in Google Docs. But the drawing tool which is available in Google Docs has low features in comparison to the Specific drawing tool. The features like word art, shapes, diagrams, border, charts, and edit images, etc.
The second method is the indirect method. Because in the second method we will not going to draw in Google Docs. We use Google Drawings and Google Drawings is a diagramming software and it is a web-based application. In Google Drawings, we get all the features that are available in any drawing application.
How to Draw on Google Docs
Let’s see the first and easiest method first in one short paragraph. In Google Docs, click on the Insert tab and then select Drawing>New to open drawing tool windows in Google Docs. The drawing tool offers you lots of features and tools to draw anything your want. Also, you can create charts, you can draw on an image, and make any word art in google drawings.
This is the short paragraph in which you get the knowledge on How to Draw on Google Docs using the drawing tool. But this is just a method in which you know that where we can draw in google docs. In the upcoming ways in this article, you will get the steps wise ways to draw in google docs.
You will also learn to edit images and How to use the tools of drawing tool and so much valuable knowledge. Just read the article to gain knowledge.
How to Use Google Drawings in Google Docs
The Google Drawings version that is available in Google Docs is the best. It is known as a Drawing tool in Google Docs. But we get a few features and tools in Google Docs the comparison of Google Drawings web-based software. Features that we get in the Drawing tool in Google Docs are enough to make the drawing for any document.
In the document, We required the drawing of WordArt, flowcharts, and borders of the document. The good news is that we create all these types of drawings in the Drawing tool of Google Docs. So in this way, we are going to learn everything about making the Drawings in the drawing tool in Google Docs.
Steps to open the drawing tool in Google Docs:
- First, open the document in the Google Docs in which you want to do the drawing.
- Now click on the ‘Insert’ tab which is available in the upper menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the ‘Drawing’ option.
- Select the option of ‘New’ to create a new drawing in the drawing tool.
- The window of the Drawing tool has opened. If not then just follow the steps again carefully.
Steps to draw in drawing tool on Google Docs:
Some features and tools like the line and shape tool options are available in the drawing tool of google docs. With the help of these two tools, you can create any type of drawing in the drawing tool. That’s why, we mentioned the names, details, and the use of these tools below.
Line tools to create drawings:
In the line tool, you have 7 different types of lines available to create the drawing.
- The first line is the simple line tool. By using this tool you can create a simple line. Just click on the line tool and then left-click and drag it on the canvas of the drawing tool to create a simple line.
- Now the second line is the ‘Arrow’ line. Click on the down arrow of the line tool, a drop-down list will open. Just select the second line of an arrow to use it. Just left-click and drag it to create an arrow.
- Click on the down arrow of the line tool and then select the third line of the Elbow connector. This line is used to make flowcharts because it connects one box to another box. The process is the same to create it.
- Select the fourth line of Curved Connect. The line also used to connect the two boxes. You can use it for any other drawings as well. Create it to practice it.
- Curved is the fifth line in this list. As the name says, this line is used to create curved lines in the drawing tool. Click on the down arrow of the line tool and select the fifth line and the name is Curved. With the help of this line, you can create a curved line easily.
- Polyline is the sixth line tool. Select it and then create any shape with the help of this tool. You can create the 3d shapes as well with the help of this line tool.
- Last is the Scribble, just select it and use any type of shape and any drawing that you want to create. You can also create a sketch in it as well.
Shape tools to make drawing in Google docs
The shape is the second feature that is available in the drawing tool of Google Docs. In the shape tool, we have 4 types of shapes. Read the below points to know about the shape tools.
When you click on the shape tool icon then a drop-down menu will open. In this drop-down menu, you can see 4 types of shapes. You can use any of them to make your drawing creative.
- The first tool is of Shapes tool in which you have 3 sections. All three sections are mentioned below.
- Different types of rectangles you will get in the first section of the Shapes tool.
- All the geometric shapes are available in the second section of the shapes tool.
- In the shapes tool, Flowchart is the third section that will help you make flowcharts in the drawing tool of Google Docs.
- ‘Arrows’ is the second tool in the Shape tool. In the Arrows, you will get different types of shapes arrows. This is also used for making charts.
- The ‘Call outs’ is the third in the list of Shape tools that has 2 sections. So let’s see these two sections.
- The first section offers you shapes of the explosions, stars, ribbon, scroll, and wave. You can them to create amazing drawings.
- In the second section, you will get the shapes of Callouts.
- Fourth and the Last in the list of Shape tools are ‘Equation’ that will offer you to create the shapes of equations like plus and minus.
If you want to know How to Make a Flow chart in Google Docs then you can click on the below text. Because we have written a complete article on it which not less than a guide.
How to Make Flow Chart in Google Docs ← Click on it to read it.
Steps to add textbox in drawing tool:
- First, click the text box icon which is available in the toolbar.
- Drag down in the canvas of the drawing tool.
- After that, write your text in the box.
- Once you have done then just click on Save and close.
Learn to add text box in detail with the complete guide. Just click on the below text to learn about it.
How to Add Text Box in Google Docs ←Click on it to read it.
Steps to add an image in the drawing tool:
- First, click on the image icon that is available in the toolbar.
- After that, click on choose an image to upload and select the image from the computer.
- When it uploaded completely then just click on the select button.
- Now your image is inserted, you can adjust the size of the image with the help of anchor points.
Now you have learned to draw in Google Docs completely. If you want to learn to flip an image in Google Docs then just click on the below text to gain knowledge about it.
How to Flip an Image in Google Docs ← Click on it to read it.
How to Create Word art
‘Google docs’ is very similar to MS word because both are the best word processors. In Google Docs, we can create the word as we can create in MS word. As we know that the Google Docs the drawing tool in it and with the help of the drawing tool we can create the word art in google docs.
If you also want to How to create word art in Google docs with the help of a drawing tool then follow the below steps.
Steps to create word art in drawing tool of Google Docs:
- First, open the document in which you want to make a word art. You can also create a new document to create it.
- Now just click on the ‘Insert’ tab which is available in the upper menu bar of Google docs.
- Click on the Drawing and then select new to open the drawing tool in google docs.
- After that click on the Actions button that is available in the drawing tool.
- From the drop-down menu click on Word art to make the word art in the drawing tool.
- Type the words that you want as word art in Google Docs.
- Hit the enter button once you complete with writing your word in the box.
- With the help of anchor points, you can change the size of your word art.
- To change the degree of the word, a bullet anchor point is available in the above your word. Just click on it move as you want your word art.
- To change the font, create the bold or italic, Font bar is available in the upper toolbar. Just use click on them to use them to edit your word art.
- Fill the color in your word art with the help of the above fill color feature.
- The Border color tool is also available to change the color of your word art’s border.
- Change the border weight just click on the border weight icon.
- Create your border as a border dash with the help of the Border Dash icon.
How to Draw and Insert drawing in Google Docs from Google Drawings
As we said, there are two ways to draw in Google Docs. The First way, we have described and now that second way is going to be described in this method.
Now we learn that how can you make a drawing and then insert it in Google Docs without any problem. In this way, we use the Google Drawings web-based diagramming software like Google Docs is a web-based word processor. Follow the below steps to know How to insert the drawing in Google Docs which is made on Google Drawings.
The Google Drawings is completely like the drawing tool that is available in Google Docs. In fact, the drawing tool of google docs is the lite version of Google Drawings. We get some extra features and facilities in the Google Drawings. Just read the below steps.
Steps to draw in Google Drawings:
- First, open the Google Drawings on your laptop. The link to Google drawings is https://docs.google.com/drawings/ this and you can paste or click on it to open it in another tab of your browser.
- Draw anything that you want to draw with the help toolbar that is available in Google Drawings. Just insert the lines, shapes, textbox, and images as you need. And make drawing with the help of them.
- If you want to create the flowchart them just click on insert and then Diagram to insert the flowchart in Google Drawings.
- To insert the word art just click on the insert tab and then Word art and then create the word art like a pro.
- Create the Chart or table if you want to create and complete your drawing.
- Now save it to the Google Drive
Steps to insert the drawing in Google Docs:
- First, open the document in google docs in which you want to insert the drawing from Google Drawings.
- Now just click on the insert tab from the menu bar.
- After that, click on the Drawing option.
- From the short menu, click on From Drive.
- Click on the drawing that you want to insert.
- Next click on the select button to insert the drawing in Google Docs.
- A short window will open, just select the Linked Source and then click on the Insert button.
- Your drawing is now inserted.
Follow the upper steps to insert the drawing to insert any drawing in Google Docs.
Important information (Conclusion):
The complete article is now available for you and you can add this article to your bookmarks. So that whenever you need to know something while making any drawing. You can just open it and see How to Draw in Google Docs or Google Drawings.
If you have learned something valuable related to How to Draw in Google Docs from this article then just press the bell icon to get the latest updates of posts like this. If you have any queries then just tell us about it with the help of the comment box.
Leave a Reply