Are you facing problems while downloading a google doc? then this article will help you a lot. This article will teach you How to Download Google Docs as you want.
These are the quick check of what we are going to cover in this article.
- Download a Document on PC, Android, and iPhone.
- Google Docs Download Process.
- Download a Document as a PDF.
- Enable Offline Editing on Google Docs.
A table of contents is also available that can give you an idea of what you have to learn.
This article is the most helpful for those who want to learn to download a document from google docs.
First of all, you must have to clear about that, if you want to download the Google Docs web app on your PC like word then congratulations. You will get the details for it as well.
You will be able to download your document as doc, as pdf, as text, and as you want. This article has everything that you want. So let’s start reading this article.
How to Download Google Docs
If you want to download a document from google docs then follow this process. “First, Open the document that you want to download, next click on the File tab from the menu bar and then click on Download option from the drop-down menu, after that select the form in which you want to download the Google Docs.” Your Google Docs Downloading is started.
So, this is the answer to your question in just one paragraph. Now, we will understand some other ways step by step.
Before other ways let’s see How to Download Google Docs step by step first:
Step #1: Start your PC and Open the Google Docs on Chrome Browse. You can open this link https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/.
Step #2: Open the Document that you want to download.
Step #3: Click on File Tab and then Click on the Download option from the drop-down menu. The file tab is in the upper menu bar.
Step #4: Click on any one format in which you want to download the document. After that, just select the folder on your pc to save and click Save.
We will start with the basics and then one by one we learn all the methods to download the Google Docs document and Google Docs app.
How to Download a Document From Google Docs (1st Way)
We have 2 ways to download a document from Google Docs. The first way is the direct download and this is going to be mentioned below steps.
The second way is very helpful in which, because in the second way, you can preview your document before downloading and then download it as you want. But, you can download only the pdf format with the help of the second way.
Now we are going to learn the first way. And the steps are below, just follow them:
- First, Open the Google Docs on your PC and then open the document in Google Docs that you want to download and then review it.
- Next, click on the File tab from the menu bar.
- After that, click on the Download option from the dropdown menu.
- And then click on the format in which you want to download it. These are some formats that in which you can download your Google doc.
Microsoft Word (.docx0 Open document format (.odt) Rich Text Format (.rtf) Pdf format (.pdf) Plain text (.txt) Web page (.html, zipped) EPUB publication (.epub)
- Now, just choose the location on your pc, and then your download will be started.
So overall this is the process that you have to follow to download any document from Google Docs. These steps allow you to save a document on your PC.
All these features looks amazing in the dark mode of google docs. I always use the dark mode on each and every application. So, I think you also have to try the Google Docs Dark Mode on your PC and android application. When you click on the orange text, it will land you on that article where you can learn it.
How to Download a Google Docs as PDF (2nd Way)
This is the easiest method to download a Google Doc as PDF. You can preview your pdf before downloading it from google docs.
Follow the below steps to Download a Google Docs as PDF:
- First Open the Document in Google Docs that you want to download as pdf.
- Next, click on the File tab from the menu bar.
- Click on the Print option from the drop-down menu.
- A window will open in which you have to click on the option of Destination and change to the Save as pdf option.
- Now, do the changes in other options as you want.
- And then, click on the Save button to save your Google Docs as pdf.
- In the end, choose the location on your pc and then click the save button again.
Your Google Docs have been downloaded as pdf and as you want. And these are the steps that you follow to download it as pdf.
When you go with the traditional way to download a pdf (file tab, download options, choose pdf) doesn’t let you do all these works. So, whenever you want to download google docs as pdf, just choose it.
When you click on destination then you have changed it to pdf downloading from printing. As it is, some other options also available by which you can set your pdf. Let’s see the use of them and we will start it with the first option of destination.
- Destination: A destination is an option where you can choose the main work like print or either save it as pdf. One more path is available in which you can select “More” and it will let you do some other work with your Google Docs, like fax, and etc. But here you just have to choose the Save as pdf to download the pdf.
- Pages: This option enables you to choose the selected pages that you want in your document. For example, You have a large document in which you have large numbers of pages. Now you have two options, You want all the pages in your pdf, either you can select the “Custom” option and select the pages one by one that you want in your pdf.
- Pages per sheet: As the name clears, by using this option you can choose that how many pages from the google docs you want on each page of the sheet in pdf or after printing it.
- Margins: With the help of this option, you can choose the margin setup of your document. Mostly it works well on default, but in the case, you want to change it then you can choose custom and in the case, you don’t want it then choose any.
- Background Graphics: This option has the checkbox, if you check it then you can see the background graphics in your document. When you untick it then your document looks plain. Download it as pdf as you want.
Okay, so, these are the options that are available for you to set your pdf as you want.
Now I hope that you have understood How to Download Google Docs as PdF perfectly. It’s time to move on some other ways.
How to Download a Document from Google Docs App on Android Phone
On the mobile application of google docs, you don’t get that many tools in comparison to the google docs web app. But basic tools and features like Download and editing are always enabled on Google Docs that you can use.
So let’s see How to Download a Document From Google Docs App:
- First, open the Google Docs App on your Mobile.
- Now, Click on the three dots of the document that you want to download.
- Next, click on the Download option which is the second last option in the menu.
- Your downloading will be started and when it has been done then you can see the notification for it and your document is downloaded.
So, these are the simple steps that you have to follow to download a document from the google docs mobile app.
2nd Way to Download a Document
- Open the Google Docs app on your android phone.
- Now, open the document that you want to download.
- Just touch the three dots that are available in the top right corner.
- Tap the Share & Export option from the list.
- Choose Save as From the second list.
- Now just select the format in which you want to download it and then tap the OK button.
Your file will be downloaded by following these steps. These easy steps allow you to download the document in any format like pdf, text, HTML, and etc.
How to Download a Document from Google Docs App on iPhone
This is also a simple but a little bit larger method. Because here you have to choose the location on your iPhone that where you want to save it.
By following these steps you can download your document in the form of docx(word), pdf, text, and etc as you want.
Let me mention the steps, just follow these steps:
- First, Open Google Docs on your iPhone.
- After that, open the document that you want to download by tapping on it.
- Next, click on the three dots that are available in the upper right corner.
- Now, click on the option of “Save As” and choose the format and then click on Ok.
- After that, choose the location/folder where you want to save your document.
- Once it is done just click on save and your document is downloaded completely.
So these are the steps that you have to follow to download any document from Google Docs on iPhone.
How to Download Google Docs from Drive
This is also a way to download a document using google drive.
As you all know that All the documents, sheets, slides are always stored in the drive. So if because of any issue, you are not able to download your google doc from google docs then use drive instead of google docs.
Let me tell you the steps to download google docs:
- First, Open Google drive in any browser on your PC.
- After that, search for your document by entering the name of the document in the search bar.
- When a document appears, just right-click on that document.
- Next, click on the Download option.
- Now, just choose the location/folder on your pc to save it and then click on the Save button.
- Your document has been downloaded.
It is an alternative way to download a document that you have made on google docs.
You can also create the folder in Google docs of the downloaded documents with the help of google drive. The below text will let you read that article.
How to Create a Folder in Google Docs ← Click on it to read it.
How to Download a Deleted Google Docs File
This is a little bit tricky, but we can download the deleted google docs file easily.
With the help of Google drive, we can do it. So, you have no need to worry about the important file that you have deleted or removed by mistake. We are here for you, we help you to recover that file with the help of the below steps.
Follow these steps to download any deleted Google Docs File:
- Open Google Drive on any browser of your PC.
- Then, Click on the Bin option from the left side of the menu bar.
- Now, you can see all the deleted items here. You have just to find the document that you want to recover.
- After that, double click on that document to open the particular document.
- Now you have to click on “Take Out of Bin” and by doing this your document has recovered.
- To download that document just go to File>Download>Any Format the document will be downloaded.
So, these are the steps that you can follow to download any document which is deleted or removed by you or anyone else.
Note: If the time has been more than 30 days of the document in the bin folder then it will be deleted permanently. And it is next to impossible to recover that document.
How to Download Google Docs Application on Our PC
If you are here to know how do you download a google docs application on your pc then I just want to say, it is not possible.
And, it doesn’t matter that it is a Windows PC or Mac PC. There is no google docs application is available for any OS of pc like Windows 10, macOS, Linux, ubuntu, and etc.
But we have the way for you by which you can make it possible. Before that, you have to understand google docs and their details.
Google Docs is a word processor like MS Word, but it is not completely like MS Word.
Because MS word is software that is provided by Microsoft’s MS Office. And “Google Docs” is a web app that is provided by Google’s Google Office suite.
Google Docs is a web app and there is no official application available for google docs which are launched by google. So we have to use google docs via chrome browser or any other browser. But Chrome is recommended.
Now, the question is that, do we have to use google docs via internet connection.
I will say, No!, because we have can use google docs offline as well.
When we start using google docs on chrome then chrome installs the google docs on our pc under its software as a part of it. You just have to do some settings in your google docs or in the document to use it offline as well. So let’s understand it.
How to Make Google Docs Offline for Editing or Creating documents.
- First Open the Google Docs on Chrome Browser on your PC.
- Now, click on three lines that are available on the upper left side of the corner.
- After that, just click on the option of Settings.
- A window will open in which you have to turn on the toggle button of Offline.
- And then, Click on the OK button.
- Now, whenever you work on any template, it will be available for offline editing or creating the new document as well.
These are the 6 steps that you have to make the google docs offline.
These steps work the same on all Operating systems like Windows 10 or macOS.
How to Make Available Offline any Document of Google Docs.
- Open the document in google docs that you want to make available offline for editing.
- After that, click on the File tab from the menu bar.
- Now, just click on “Make available offline” from the drop-down menu.
When you complete these steps then your document will be available for offline editing. After that, you can edit that particular document at any time without the internet.
So I hope now you have understood the logic behind downloading google docs. And why do we have to download any other extra application when we can use it on any browser.
Enjoy creating, editing, and making the document offline on Google Docs with these helpful tricks.
How to Download Google Docs App on Android Phone
If you want to download the Google Docs app on your android phone then the best way is Google Play Store.
Google Play Store is an online store by Google itself that provides Applications, Games, Movies, Musics & Songs, and Ebooks.
If you have an Android phone then you also have the Google Play Store in it. So, just open it and search for Google Docs. Probably the very first application is Google Docs that you want. Just tap on the install button to download it.
Let’s understand it stepwise:
- First, Open the Google Play store on your Android Phone.
- Next, Go to the App’s Sections.
- Now, Search for Google Docs in the Search bar.
- It appears, Just open it by tapping on it.
- After that, click on the “Install” button.
- Wait for a while and your application will be downloaded in few minutes as per the speed of your internet connection.
My friends, this is the process that you have to follow on your android phone to download the google docs app.
How to Download Google Docs App on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and want the Google Docs app on your iPhone just follow the below process.
- First, open the Apple App store on your iPhone.
- Search for Google Docs and find it.
- Once it appears then Just tap on Install to download it on your iPhone.
These are the three steps that you have to follow to download the google docs app on your iPhone.
Now, log in to your Google Docs with your I’d and start creating, editing, and sharing the documents.
Important information (Conclusion):
I am considering that you have got the solutions for each of your questions. All your questions and confusion related to How to Download Google Docs are now cleared. And you are able to do the Google Docs Download in all the ways.
Now, it’s time to share this article with your colleagues or friends who are interested in it. The below sharing buttons help you in it. You can follow us on social media to get updates. In the end, I just hope this article is capable of answering all your questions related to How to Download Google Docs in all ways. And if any question remains the same in your mind and you haven’t got the answer for it then comment sections open for you 24×7, just ask via the comment box. We will answer your questions.