Welcome to The TechVin, If you are searching for How to Delete a Page in Google Docs then you are in the right article. Your search is complete and now you are going to get your solution in this article. In this article, We are going to learn how to delete a page in google docs step by step and each step explained in detail.
Many times in huge documents in which a large amount of data is available. Some unnecessary pages come or created automatically while editing the document. Such pages serve to break the focus while reading and editing of the document. We need to delete them and there is no direct function is available in the google docs for that. But you don’t need to worry about that because in this article we have described the best and confirmed three ways to delete the page in google docs on PC and Smartphone both.
How to Delete a Page in Google Docs
If you want to learn how to delete a page in google docs then you need to just follow these easy steps. During the checking or editing of the document, we find some unnecessary data or pages. These types of pages are not important for the document so we need to delete these types of pages. It has an advantage, our document will be slightly smaller so that it will be easier to read. So you have to read and follow all the steps carefully to delete a page.
- Firstly you have to open the Google docs on your PC. If you are reading on the desktop then you can directly open Google docs by just clicking on Open Google docs.
- After login to google docs, you have to open the document in which you want to delete a page.
- Now you have open the page which you want to delete.
- Select the complete data of the page which you want to delete in the google docs. Put your mouse on the first letter of the page and click left and drag it down to the last word of this page to select the complete data of the page. You can also use the shift plus arrow keys of the keyboard to select.
- Once you have select all the word or data of the page you want to delete then just press delete on your keyboard.
After that, your page which you select for the process of delete is now removed from your document.
An Alternative to Delete the page content: You can cross out the text or content which is unnecessary in your document. If you don’t How to do it then you have to click on How to Cross out text or strikethrough in Google Docs to read it.
How to Undo or bring back the deleted page
If you have select the wrong page to delete then it is the biggest problem that you have done in your document. If you want to bring back that page then you have to follow these steps carefully.
- It is quite simple to bring that page you have deleted recently.
- You have click on the arrow of undo which is available on the left upper side of the screen of your window.
- You can also press Ctrl + Z to bring back the page.
- If you want to bring back the page which you have deleted in the past time of the document and the undo process doesn’t work then there is only one way to bring back that page.
Adjust Margins to Delete a Page in document
This is the second way to delete a page in google docs. Sometimes the margins of the page went wider and longer while editing the page. So it is also one way to delete the page in google docs. In this way, we delete the page with the help of margins. So let’s start the steps.
- Firstly you have to open Google docs on your PC.
- After that open the document in which you want to delete the page.
- Now you have to click on the File tab in the menu bar.
- A dropdown menu will open in which you have to click on the option of page setup. Scroll down the dropdown menu and then you can see the page setup on the lower side of this dropdown menu. You have to just click on it.
- One Dialogue box will open of Page Setup on your screen.
- In this dialogue box, you have to change the number of the bottom. You have to enter the smaller number in comparison to the number which is already it has. Like if it has 5 then you need to enter 3 or 4.
- After that, you have to click on the OK button of this dialogue box.
- Now you can see that the page was deleted.
How to Delete a Blank page in Google docs
It is quite easy to delete a blank page in google docs. Some times during the editing of the document some blank pages were created. It will be anywhere in the document, it will be in the last and in the mid of the document. But you don’t need to worry about that because you are going to get the simplest solution to delete the blank page.
- Firstly you have to open the google docs on your PC.
- After that open the document in which you have a blank page to delete.
- Now you have to go on that blank page to delete it.
- Put your cursor on the blank page and the Press Backspace on your keyboard.
- If your blank page was not deleted after the backspace then go on the fifth step.
- You have to select the page. Put your cursor on the starting of a blank page and drag it down and select the page.
- Once you have selected the completely empty space of that page then just press the delete button on your keyboard.
If you will follow these steps carefully then definitely your blank page was deleted.
How to Delete a Page in Google docs on Smartphone
Many peoples like to work on their smartphones and some little bit editings they like to edit on the smartphone. If they have a facility to do it on the app. So you can also delete a page in the google docs app. You have to just follow these easy steps to delete a page in google docs.
- Open the Google docs on your smartphone.
- Log in with your Google account and then open the document in which you want to delete a page.
- After that, you have to click on the pencil icon which is available in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Now you have to click on the three-dot which is available in the overflow menu on the upper right corner of your screen.
- A dropdown menu will open in which you have to tab and on the Page Layout option.
- Now you have to go on that page which you want to delete and then click on it.
- Press the backspace in your keyboard of the smartphone.
- If the page has some data then you have to select all the data and then press backspace.
- If it was the front blank page that you want to delete then click on the top of the second page and press backspace.
So this is the complete information that is used to delete a page in the google docs app on a smartphone.
All these ways which we have described in this article have the solution of How to Delete a Page in Google docs in different conditions. I expect that you have read all the ways carefully. Now you should go on your google docs account and delete the page in google docs. But before that please read these last words of this article.
If you still have any more queries and questions related to How to Delete a Page in Google docs then you can comment in the comment section. We will try to reply to you as soon as possible to solve your problem. If you want to increase your skill of google docs and skill of PC then you can read the amazing articles on our website. We have so many articles that will increase your knowledge or skill of google docs and Windows or macOS.
You can also follow us on social media to get the latest updates of articles. Those latest articles will help you to increase your skill of Google docs and other office or business-related software. We post honest reviews and tutorials on tech so that you will get the correct information and knowledge.
Thanks for the reading and we hope that you have got your solution of How to Delete a Page in Google docs after reading this article. If you liked this article then just share this article with your friends right now. Now just go and delete the unnecessary pages in google docs.