Do you want to convert PDF to Google Docs? Then this article teaches you to do it with ease. We can’t edit the PDF, and in today’s time, the best way to edit the pdf and work on Documents is Google Docs.
In this complete article, you learn to execute the process by which you can convert pdf into Google Docs. PDF is one of the most used file formats in today’s time. Because PDF file has advantages like no one can edit it and it is easy to read and view. But at the same time, PDF also has some disadvantages.
Well, we will also discuss the details of PDF in another section of this article. Right now, it’s time to know How we can convert our pdf file into Google docs. If you want to convert pdf to Google Docs, then you can do it.
How to Convert PDF to Google Docs
The easiest simple process to convert pdf to Google Docs is: “First Upload your PDF file on Google Drive, after that open that PDF file. When you open it, click the tab of “Open with Google Docs” and it is at the upper side of the document. The process will begin, and your pdf file will convert into Google Docs in just a few seconds. Now you can download it in .docx format by clicking on the File tab and going through Download>Microsoft Word (.docx).”
Let’s see the same process in steps:
- Upload the PDF file to Google Drive.
- Open that PDF file from Google Drive by double-clicking on it.
- Click on the tab “Open with Google Docs” and wait for few seconds. It will convert PDF to Google Docs.
- Now Click on the File tab then Download>Microsoft Word (.docx) to download it in Docx format.
Your PDF file is now converted.
The above steps can convert your PDF file in few seconds. If you have to understand what you have to do precisely, then it is best. But if you have some confusion, then don’t worry. Read the complete article because all your confusion will be ganna clear by reading this article. So don’t skip a single word of this article. Each word will add value to your knowledge. Some essential points are available that you need to know.
Some Basic knowledge to Gain before Converting any PDF file.
Suppose you have a pdf file in which images and some tables, diagrams, and formats available. In this case, you can face trouble while converting it because Google Docs can adjust the complete document at their convenience.
The PDF file in which you only have the text and a few tables or diagrams can convert easily without any loss in your data. If the document and PDF file are made up perfectly, you will never face any trouble while converting PDF files to Google Docs. And if the PDF file is not perfect after converting, you can meet some issues in the file.
The below points will give you a piece of quick and complete knowledge. With the help of these points, you can know which type of PDF you can convert to Google Docs without any loss in the document.
- PDF doesn’t contain the border on pages: If the pages have borders, you can still convert them quickly, and all your data will be safe. The only that will happen is Google Docs could remove your borders after converting. In this case, you can create borders in Google Docs again after restructuring or editing your data.
- Too much formatting in headers and footers: The pdf in which you have simple page numbers (given ideally in headers and footers), then you can convert it easily. But the header and footer are not perfect, and the formatting is too much, then you can face some troubles after converting it.
- Size of images is too high or too low: The Size of the image can also create some troubles. Like the pdf has the appearance of pixels too high or too low, they could be removed while converting to google docs.
- Quality of Images: The quality of images can be decrease and position as well.
- Create an extra copy of your PDF file before converting it.
- You can use Microsoft Office to Convert PDF to Docs files. It is in the case where you have too much formatting in your PDF file.
- In spite of their orientation, documents must face the right way up. If they face the wrong way, make sure you rotate them before submitting.
- If your pdf file has Arial, Times New Roman, and Normal fonts like this, you can easily convert them. Because they are standard fonts.
- Always good quality images must be available in the document. If not, then you have to face low quality or poor photos after conversion.
- The PDF size should be 2MB, and if you have the larger size of the PDF, don’t worry. We will help you to convert it with ease.
How to Convert PDF file to Google Docs in 3 steps
Now we are going to learn How to Convert PDF files to Google Docs in 3 steps. The three steps are described below. Just read them. Each stage has a detailed process that you need to follow.
We know that Google Docs is a word processor, and you can use it only on chrome or online. This is not software which we can install on our PC. But if you want to convert it to a smartphone, you have to follow the same process. Still, you will get the mentioned steps to convert the pdf file on a mobile phone via an app. But in another section. This section is for desktop users.
#Step 1: Upload the PDF File on Google Drive
The very first step that we need to execute is to upload our file on Google Drive. We know Google Docs can be used only online and it is not software. So first we need to upload it first online storage and then we can convert it. Just follow the below steps to upload the PDF file on Google Drive.
Using these easy steps you can upload files to google drive:
- First, open the Google Chrome Browser on your Desktop. If you want to open any other browser then you can open it as well.
- After that, open Google Drive in Browser. You click on this link https://drive.google.com/ or paste as well to open Google Drive.
- Sign in to the Google Drive https://drive.google.com/ with your email, if you are not already signed in.
- Now click on the “+ New” button to upload your PDF file in Google Drive.
- Next click on the File Upload option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the PDF that you want to open.
- And then just click on Open.
Wait for a while until your PDF file is completely uploaded. Once your PDF file is uploaded then you can enjoy move on to the next step.
How to Upload a PDF file to Google Docs (Alternative way)
We can also upload the PDF file directly to Google Docs. But it will open through Google Drive. Let’s see the steps for one time:
- First, Open the Google Docs on your PC.
- After that, click on the File tab from the upper menu bar.
- Now, click on Open from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on Upload and then click on Select a file from your device.
- Select the PDF file that you want to upload and then click on open.
The file will be open in Google Drive’s tab.
The steps you have read to upload a PDF file on Google Drive can be used for any type of file format. Just follow the steps same steps to upload any type of file in Google Drive.
Now, this is a time to move on to the next step.
#Step 2: Open that PDF file from Google Drive
Now it’s time to open a PDF file from Google Drive. You have to follow the steps that are mentioned below. It is not a big deal to open the PDF file from Google Drive. You just have to double-click on it to open it.
Let’s see the steps to open it:
- First, open Google Drive.
- Now, double click on that PDF file that you want.
That PDF file has opened in the next tab of your browser. Now move on to the next step to convert it.
#Step 3: Click on the tab “Open with Google Docs” to Convert the PDF.
Finally, the third step is here to convert the pdf file to Google Docs. This is the last step that you need to execute to Open your PDF file in Google Docs. You just need to click on the tab “Open with Google Docs” to convert it.
Let’s look at the process to execute the last step:
- Open the PDF file from Google Drive by double-clicking on it.
- Now just click on the “Open with Google Docs” tab. This tab is available at the top side of the Document as you can see in the below image. Upload the PDF file to Google Drive.
- Now wait for a while and then your PDF file will be converted into Google Docs.
Your PDF file is Converted, now edit it and do anything with this file that you want to do.
#Step 4: Donwload your PDF in .docx format
You have opened your PDF in Google Docs format. The process to convert PDF to Google Docs is complete. But the last step in which you have downloaded this PDF file in .docx format is remaining.
By following this step you can convert your PDF into Google Docs format completely. So follow the below steps to know How to Download any PDF in .docx format:
- First, click on the “File” tab which is available in the upper menu bar.
- After that, click on “Download” from the drop-down menu.
- Now just click on the “Microsoft Word (.docx)” option from the drop-down list to download it in the Docx format.
These are the steps by which you can import your PDF file to Google Docs and then to the Docx format. By reading these last instructions you have learned how to import pdf to google docs.
Now the process to convert the PDF into Google Docs is completed. You just need to follow the upper steps and instructions to convert PDF files into Google Docs.
How to Change the File Type ← Click on it to read it.
How to Convert PDF to Google Docs on Mobile
There is no direct method to convert the PDF to Google Docs on Mobile. Even the method that we use on the desktop to convert pdf files into google docs will not work on mobile. So if you want to know How to do you convert PDF to Google Docs on your Phone then read all these instructions.
But we have one way by which you can do it easily. First, we have to download the MS Word app on your mobile and then we can do it with the help of the below steps:
Convert PDF to .docx format:
- First, open your PDF in the PDF viewer.
- Now click on three dots that are available in the top right corner.
- tab on the “Open with” option from the drop-down list.
- After that, click on “Word” to open pdf in the word app. The word app is free to use on android and iOS you can download it.
- Once your PDF opened in Word then just tap on the icon of editing. It has a page and pencil on it as you can see in the image.
- Tab Ok to confirm.
- Your document will be converted into .docx format.
- Tap on three dots that are available in the upper right corner.
- After that, click on the “Save as” option.
- Choose the location where you want to save your file.
- Next just tap on the Save button which is available in the bottom right corner.
- Make sure the file format is showing as .docx format.
Open PDF in Google Docs:
- Once you have converted the pdf file into .docx format then you have to follow these steps.
- Go to the location where your file has saved which you want to open in Google Docs.
- After that, select your .docx file.
- Now choose more options or click on three dots.
- Next tap on the “Open with” option.
- Then select Google Docs to open the file in Google Docs.
- You have opened your file in Google Docs successfully.
You have to follow these instructions to covert any PDF file and Image in Google Docs. Read and follow each step carefully to convert any file.
By following this process you can convert pdf to word document. As you know that the word document always contains the extension of “.docx” and this why we can say that you can convert pdf to word google docs. Never confusion word or “.docx” format.
How to Save Google Docs as PDF
It’s time to discuss the way by which you can download your Google Docs file as a PDF. We teach you to convert any PDF to Google Docs and now we teach you to Save your Google Docs as PDF.
You got the PDF to work on it, so you convert it to Google Docs. So that you can make changes to it and edit it. Now your editing work is complete. What about making it PDF again? because you have to submit it in PDF format. So let’s see how can download our work as a PDF by reading the below steps.
Believe me, it is too easy, because it is just a 3 steps process. So let’s see the steps:
- First, click on the “File” tab which is available in the upper menu bar in your Google Docs.
- Next, click on the Download option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on PDF Document (.pdf) to download it as a pdf.
These are the steps that you can follow to save your Google Docs as PDF. This is a 3 step process and too easy.
How to Save Google Docs as PDF on Mobile
This is not a big task to download Google Docs as PDF. We can do it on Mobile as well, so we have no need to open the PC. Just follow the below steps to save Google Docs as PDF on Mobile:
- Open your Document in Google Docs Mobile App.
- After that, Click on three dots from the top right corner.
- Next, tap on the Share and Export option.
- Now select save as pdf and wait for few seconds.
Your Google Docs file downloaded as a PDF. The only need is to follow these 4 steps and save your work as pdf. By reading these steps you learn how to transfer pdf to google docs with the help of the app.
Google Doc to pdf is also a simple process. Once you have done editing your document then you can save it as pdf and then send it to anyone.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
In this section, we are going to discuss the questions related to this topic. The questions for which People Also Ask on which they have confusion.
If you have read the complete article then read this section as well. It will give you some more valuable knowledge. Once you read these questions and answers then it will become easier for you to convert the pdf into a google docs page. So let’s start the reading.
Can you convert a pdf to a doc or Docx file?
Answer: If you have an Acrobat DC pdf reader on your PC then open your PDF file with Acrobat DC. On the right side of the menu bar, click on Export PDF and choose Microsoft word to convert it into a docx file that you can open in Word. Next Select the “Word Document” and wait for few seconds and see your pdf file as a word file.
Can I open and edit a PDF in Google Docs?
Answer: Yes, you can open and edit a PDF in Google Docs, to do this follow this process.
- First, upload your file to Google Drive.
- Next, open that pdf file from Google Docs.
- Now, just click on the icon of Open with Google Docs to open it in Google Docs.
- Wait for few seconds until it completely converts. Once it is completely opened then you can edit your file.
How do you insert PDF into Google Docs on a Mac?
Answer: The process to insert PDF into Google Doc on a Mac is easy. We can insert pdf in Google Docs on mac using Google Drive. Follow the below process:
- First, open Google Drive on your Mac using chrome or any other browser and log in with your Google account.
- Next, go through the “click on + icon>File Upload>Select File>Open” upload your file.
- Open PDF from Google Drive.
- Now Click on the “Open with Google Docs” tab to open it in Google Docs.
By following this process, you can insert a pdf into a Google Doc on a Mac.
How do I make a PDF editable?
Answer: To make a PDF editable, you can open it in Microsoft Word or in Google Docs, if it is a Document pdf. If your pdf is an image or any graphics-related pdf then you need to open it with Acrobat DC.
To Make a PDF editable (Document):
- First, open upload your pdf file to Google Drive.
- You have to open pdf from Google Drive by double-clicking on it.
- Click on “Open with Google Docs” to make a pdf editable.
To Make a PDF editable (Graphics):
- Download Acrobat DC on your PC.
- Open PDF file in Acrobat DC.
- Now click tools and then prepare the form.
- Once it’s done your pdf file is now editable.
By following these methods, you can edit the pdf in Google Docs.
How to make a fillable pdf in google docs?
Answer: If you want to make a fillable pdf in google docs then it is a little bit difficult. But not impossible. To make a fillable or editable pdf in Google Docs just use the template gallery and choose the template that that will give you this feature. You can also find so many templates on other websites that provide the templates.
How do I convert a PDF to Google Docs?
Answer: The best way to convert a PDF to Google Docs is to upload the file to Google Drive and then open that pdf from Google Drive. Now at top of the pdf, you have to click on the “Open with Google Docs” tab to convert it to the docx file to open it to the google docs.
Is there any Google PDF Editor Available?
Answer: Unfortunately, there is no app available with this name, and if we talk about work then Google Docs is best to edit any pdf. The only thing that you need is to convert your pdf to Google Docs with the help of steps that you can read on The TechVin.
One more question which arrived in everyone’s mind when they need to convert any pdf to word document. The question is “is there any google pdf to word converter” or “pdf to word convert” available? The answer is No, some are available but not as perfect you need.
However, why we need the converter when we have the complete perfect process that can help us to convert our pdf. So never confuse yourself and follow the steps that we suggest to convert any pdf.
All these questions available to us at that time. We have more questions but right all these are the major questions. If you have confusion in any step and in any process then you can tell us about it with the help of a comment box.
We will answer your question and we will include your question in this section as well.
Important information (Conclusion):
“Google docs” is the best place to work on the documents. If you have the pdf document and want to edit you can edit it in google docs very easily. The best part is that we can use google docs completely free of cost. That’s why we suggest converting the pdf to google docs.
You know that How to Convert PDF to Google Docs and give FAQs to answer your extra questions. Now if you face any problem then you can ask us with the help of a comment box. You can also follow us social media accounts to get these type of tips regularly that will increase your skills.