Welcome to our Website ‘The TechVin’, in this article, you will learn ‘How to Change File Type’ easily. No matter which type of file you want to convert in another type of file. I have given the instructions and steps by which you can change every type of file and their extension.
If you want to change the file type then this is a very easy process. The only thing that you need to have is knowledge of how to change the file type. In this article, you will get the complete details by which you can change your file type very easily and very quickly. So just learn the complete article and don’t skip any part of the article.
How to Change File Type
Now before starting the ways, you have to know that you have to follow these instructions very carefully. In this process, you can lose your data and can be your file got corrupted while changing the extension of the file or while changing the file type. So please follow these steps carefully and get the complete information about changing the file type or file extension.
There are many types of extensions and files are available in windows. But in this article, we are talking about just one or two examples for explaining to you how to change the file type in Windows. So Just read the articles very carefully and follow the same steps as I mentioned in this article.
1. Open the file
In the first step, you have to open the file which you want to change into another file. In this article, we are taking word document and going to change into the text document. But if you have a different file then do not worry because the process is the same. So just open the file that you want to convert in another file.
- Right-click on the file that you want to open. As an example, we are taking the word document so we just right-click on the file. When you right-click on file then you can see so many options and one of them is Open, you have to left-click on Open. Your file will open in its real extension.
We have taken word document so our file is opened in Ms word.
Now if you want to edit the file then edit it after complete the editing you have to follow the next step.
2. Save As
Once you opened the file in its real extension and after completing the editing. You have to save the file. For saving you have to follow these steps carefully.
- In the left upper side corner, you can see the option of file. You have to click on the option of the file. A drop-down menu will open in which you have to click on Save As.
- There is one more way for the same steps, Steps which I am going to tell you is a short cut to save the file. You have to press the ctrl+S to save the file.
3. Change the file extension
When you go into the Save as You have two options related to your file. The first option is of the name in this option of Name you can give the name to your file. And in the second option, you can choose the type of the file.
So just here you have to click on the second option and then you can see lots of file types and you can choose the file type in which you want to convert this file so just click on the file in which you want to convert your file. And then just save it in the folder in which you want to save your file.
We have taken the word document and wanted to convert in the text file so just recap all the steps in converting the word document into the text file.
- So, first of all, we right-click on the file which we want to convert and then we open the file by clicking on New and our file opened in word .doc
- Once our word file was opened and then press the ctrl+s for saving the file in another extension.
- When the interface of saving the file was opened we click on the second option and then choose the plan text for converting in the text document.
- After completing all these steps just save it in the folder in which you want to save the file.
- Now when you open the file then your file automatically opens in Wordpad.
So this is the complete process for changing the file type. If you will follow these steps then you can change your file type without any damage.
In this article, We have learned How to change file type easily. ‘How to Change a File Type’ This is your question and definitely if you follow the same steps then you can convert your file into another file type very easily. There are many types of files are available and your pc can read it and open it by the type of file. But many times and in some conditions, you have to open these files in another application. You need those files in different extension because of your work. Like you have to change the doc file into the txt file. So the process of changing the file, we are going to learn in this article.
But please follow the steps the same as we are mentioned otherwise your file got damaged. If you can do anything with your file for changing the type of file then your file can be got corrupted. So please follow the instructions to safely convert your file type without losing any data.
Are you wanted to know how many file formats are available? If you do not know then just click on the link below for getting this knowledge.
You can also read the other helpful article on The TechVin website. We have written the article for solving the different problems of your laptop or computer. And also we have written articles for your entertainment also. We have mentioned the websites where you can watch or stream unlimited movies for free in HD quality. You can check it also on our website.
In the last paragraph, I just want to say, I hope you have learned How to Change File Type easily in windows. If you have any more questions then you can ask via comments. You can also follow us on social media. If you found this article helpful then you can share this article with your friends.
Leave a Reply