Welcome to The TechVin, If you want to learn How to Alphabetize in Google docs then you are in the right article. You have reached your destination because in this article you will learn about ‘How to Alphabetize in Google docs’ step by step. So if you want to learn it then read the complete article carefully.
Google docs don’t have a direct tool to do the alphabetize in google docs. We are not able to alphabetize in google docs directly. But google docs provide an ‘Add-ons’ feature. You can add a new tool in your google docs with the help of the ‘Add-ons’ feature. If we use this add-ons feature then we can install a tool to alphabetize in google docs. It is easy to install this tool and the use of this tool is also easy. You need to just read the article and steps carefully.
How to Alphabetize In Google Docs
As the upper introduction paragraphs say, we aren’t able to alphabetize in google docs directly. So we need to use a tool that will help us do the sorting of alphabetizing in google docs. It is too easy to add this tool that will help us. You have to just read the steps carefully to understand the process.
We have divided the process into two parts. So that you can understand it better. In the first part, we will show you How to add a tool in google docs to alphabetize. In the second part, we will show you how to use the tool of alphabetizing in google docs to sort in the way of alphabet. So let’s start.
How to Add a Tool of Alphabetize in Google docs
In this process, you will learn how to add any tool in google docs. The tool which we are going to use in this process is “Sorted Paragraphs”. So let’s start how can we add this tool to google docs.
- Firstly you have to open the Google docs on your PC. You can click on Open Google docs to open it.
- In the Google docs, you have to open the document in which you want alphabetize sorting.
- Once you have opened the document then you have to click on ‘Add-ons’ in the menu bar.
- A drop-down menu will open in which you have to click on the option of ‘Get add-ons’.
- One Dialogue box will open on your screen when you click on the Add-ons. The name of the dialogue box is ‘G Suit Marketplace’.
- In this dialogue box, you have to search for the ‘Sorted Paragraphs’. The search box is available in the top right corner of the dialogue box.
- After that Sorted Paragraph comes in your dialogue box. You have to click on it.
- Click on Install, When you click on the icon of ‘Sorted Paragraphs’ then you will be prompted to the overview of the ‘sorted paragraphs’.In the overview, you have an icon of ‘Install’. You have to click on it.
- When you click on install then it can ask for permission. You have to click on continue.
- A popup window will open in which you have to select your google account for signup.
- After that, you will be prompted to the Acknowledgment page in which you have to click on ‘Allow’ to allow it and open it. This ‘Allow’ button is available on the lower left side of this popup window.
- Once you have completed these steps then you have to wait for at least 10 seconds. After that, you get the instructions. Complete these instructions and move on to your screen.
How to Alphabetize in Google Docs Using ‘Sorted Paragraphs’
Now we are going to learn ‘How to Alphabetize in Google docs’ using this tool. We have added the tool of ‘Sorted Paragraphs’ which is used to Sort the paragraphs and words in google docs. Now we are going to learn how to use ‘Sorted Paragraphs’ to sort alphabetize in google docs.
- Firstly you have to make sure that you have installed the ‘Sorted paragraphs’ from the ‘Add-ons’ feature. If you don’t have installed it then read the upper instructions and install it first.
- Once you have installed it then you have to come on your screen and select the paragraphs or words which you want to alphabetize in google docs.
- After that, you have to click on ‘Add-ons’ in the menu bar.
- Click on ‘Sorted Paragraphs’, a dropdown menu will open when you click on Add-ons in which you have an option of sorted paragraphs.
- Select the Sorting, when you clicked on ‘sorted paragraphs’ then you have to select the sorting that which type of sorting you want ‘A to Z’ or ‘Z to A’.
Now you can see your selected words. The words which you have select to alphabetize in google docs in now alphabetize as you want to sort. You have completed the process of sorting.
If you want to track the changes in google docs then you can click on the below text to read it.
How to Track the Changes in Google Docs ← Click on it to read it.
In this article, You learn that How to Alphabetize in Google docs and How to add any tool using the ‘Add-ons’ feature. If you have read the complete article then you can do any type of sorting in google docs. We hope that you have read the complete article. We have described each step in detail so that you can work on your document without any problem. So now you can start your work on your documents in google docs. But before that, if you have a few minutes then please read these last words.
If you have any more queries related to this topic or google docs then you can comment in the comment section. We will try to reply to your comment as soon as possible. We will help you to solve your problem if your problem is related to technology and Google docs.
You can improve your skill of Google docs and Office-related Softwares. On ‘The TechVin’ website, we have lots of free tutorials on Google docs, Google sheets, MS Excel, and other MS office-related software. You have to just click on the MS Office in the Menu of our website. After that, you can explore lots of free tutorials and articles related to Office work.
Thank you for reading, We hope that this article will help you to solve your problem of ‘How to Alphabetize in Google docs‘ and now you can start your work.