This is the article, where you will learn ‘How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs’ Easily in just seconds. In this article, you are going to get the solution for both desktop and mobile. We have described the solution of How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs for PC and Mobile app as well. Some tricks and helpful information is also available for you.
After reading this article, you can add the page numbers in google docs in just a few seconds. Because it is too easy to add the page numbers in google docs. Well, page numbers are an important part of the large document. So let’s start the reading of How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs quickly.
How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs
If you have a large document in which you have a large number of pages then adding page numbers is very important. It is easy to analyze our document with the help of page numbers. We can check how many pages we have in our google document. On which page we have our important data and many more things that we can analyze with the help of page numbers. So let’s learn How can we add page numbers in google docs.
How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs (For PC)
In this way, we are going to learn How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs on PC. If you read all these steps carefully then you can easily add page numbers in google docs in just 3 seconds. So without wasting time let’s start reading the steps.
- In the first step, you need to open Google Docs on your PC.
- After that, open the document in which you want to add page numbers.
- Now you have to just click on the Format tab that is available in the upper menu bar.
- A drop-down menu will open, in this dropdown menu, you need to click on the Page Numbers.
- One popup window will open. In this popup window, you have two different options to add page numbers in google docs.
- First is Position: With the help of this option, you can select where you want to place the page numbers. You can place it in the header or in the footer. You just need to choose and click on that option.
- Second is Numbering: Here you can select that from which page you want to start numbering and from which number you want to start. Just type the number.
- Show on First Page: This option has a checkbox. If you untick the checkbox then the page number will start from the second page. Your first page will be the 1 and the second page has 2 but on the first page, 1 will be absent.
- When you complete all these setups then you just need to click on the Apply button to add the page numbers in the document.
If you have read all these steps and information carefully then you can easily add the page numbers in google docs in just 3 or fewer seconds.
How to Number Pages In Google Docs (2nd Way)
This is the direct way by which we can number our pages in just 3 clicks. The first way is an advanced way to number the pages in Google Docs. But in this way, we will learn How to Number Pages in Google Docs directly in just a few seconds. So read the steps to know how we can number our pages from the 2nd page.
Steps to Add the Numbers in Pages of Google Docs
- First, open the document in the google docs in which you want to number the pages.
- When your document is opened then you just need to click on the Insert tab that is available in the menu bar.
- A dropdown menu has opened, in this dropdown menu, you just need to click on Pages Numbers.
- Now you can see different options to add the numbers to your pages in google docs. Just click on the first option to add the numbers in the pages of google docs.
- After that, you can see your document, you have numbered your pages in google docs.
You can learn more about Page numbering in a third way. So just go read the third way also.
Sometimes, you placed the page numbers on the wrong page. In some conditions, you need to remove the header and footer in google docs. So, you can also learn How to Remove Headers and Footer or page numbers in google docs. Just click on the below text to read and learn the article.
How to Start Page Numbers on Page 2
In some documents the front page is the presentation page, so on the first page, it is not the right thing to add the page numbers. So we just need to add the page numbers from the 2nd page. If you want to learn How to Start Page Numbering on 2 then just read the below steps.
- Open the document in which you want to start page numbers on page 2.
- After the document is opened, you just need to click on the Insert tab. The Insert tab is available in the menu bar.
- Now just click on the option on page numbers that is available in the dropdown menu of the insert tab.
- When you click on page numbers then you can see 4 options to add the page numbers in google docs. You just need to click any two options on the right side. Because the right-side options will start the numbering from the 2nd page. You just need to select that you want the numbers in the header or footer.
Complete all these steps then you can see that the page numbers started from the 2nd page. If you want to add page numbers from the 3rd page then it is not possible. Because Google Docs doesn’t have the tool by which we can do it. So just go for the 2nd page. In the future, if google docs provide that feature to start the numbering from the 3rd page then You will get a quick guide on our website. So make sure that you have turned on the notification.
How to Insert Page Numbers In Google Docs App
If you want to learn How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs app on smartphones then read this information first and then steps. It is easier to add the page numbers in the google docs app in comparison to the google docs desktop version. You just need to learn and understand the process. So let’s start learning.
Steps to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs App
- First, open the Google Docs app on your smartphone.
- In the Google Docs app, open the document in which you want to add the page numbers.
- Now just tap on the pencil icon that is available in the bottom right corner to edit the document.
- After that, click on the plus icon of the insert. It is available in the upper menu bar.
- One menu has opened in front of you from the bottom of your screen. Just scroll down it and find the option of page numbers and click on it.
- When you click on it then you can see 4 options to insert the page numbers. You just need to click on any one of them that you want.
- Now you can see that your page numbers are added.
This is the way that we have followed to insert the page numbers in google docs and it works. So if you want to add the page numbers in google docs app then just follow the same way.
Sometimes while adding the page numbers and editing the document, by mistake the margins of our document were changed. In that condition, we must change the margins again, So that our document looks perfect and clear again. You can click on the below text to learn it.
How to Change Margins In Google Docs ← Click on it to read it.
This is the end of the article, but here we have some helpful and important information for you. Adding page numbers is also a way to analyze the document. We can analyze how many pages are completed and How many words are there on one page we need to include and exclude so that the page numbers will be completed. Well, if you have this type of work and you don’t want to add the page numbers in the document and want to see how many are available in your large document then I have a way for you in the next para.
In the google docs, you can see a scroller on the right side of google docs. You just need to click on that and then you can see, on which page you are and how many pages are available in your document. So this is the way for you as the alternative to add the page numbers in google docs. For more guides like this, you can subscribe to the push notification of our website to get the latest updates of the article. Just click on the bell icon to subscribe.
Now, I hope that you have read the complete article and learned ‘How to Add Page Numbers In Google Docs’ on both pc and smartphone. If you like this article and you think that this article is helpful for you then share this article with your friends. You can also follow us on social media to get the latest updates and to learn Some tricks. If you have any queries related to this article then just us via the below comment box.