Do you want to know How to Make Google Docs Dark Mode or Night Mode? then this article is for you. This article has the different ways to enable the night mode in Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Sheets as well.
On the mobile app of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, we have the feature of Dark Mode but on the web-based version. We don’t have the direct feature to enable the Dark Mode. But you can learn this as well. Because we can’t do it directly but we have so many different and official true ways to do it on every platform. So read the complete article carefully.
Are you a Dark Mode lover? Do you have a Dark theme on all your OS and apps then why not Google Docs? I know that you tried so hard to find night Mode in Google Docs. But unfortunately, there is no direct way to enable or make the Google Docs night Mode. We are here to solve your problem. Just read the complete article without skipping any single word.
Table of Contents
Make Google Docs Dark Mode & Sheets or Slides
We can enable the Dark Mode in Google Docs by following this easy process. “First, open Google Docs and click on the three-line that is available in the upper right corner. After that, click on Settings options and then click on Choose theme and select Dark to Turn on the Dark theme in Google Docs”.
If you want to Enable the Dark theme in Google Sheets and Google Slides then follow the same process. Well. we are going to understand this complete process step by step as well. The steps are described in detail so that you will never face any problem while enabling the dark mode.
How to Make Google Docs Dark Mode on Chrome (Web-Based)
If you want to enable the Google Docs Dark Mode on chrome then we have to change the chrome theme and we also have one more way. Both ways are described, you can follow any of these two ways to make the Google Docs in night Mode.
Use Chrome Flags to Enable Night Mode
Chrome flags give you lots of experimental features that allow you to do the things that we can do in a normal browser. But these features are not ready for all the sites. That’s why the chrome flags feature is known as an experiment. But Google Docs completely supports the night mode. So you can enable the Dark mode by following the below steps.
- First, open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Now copy and paste chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark this text in the URL box of chrome.
- After that, click on the box Default and then select Enabled.
- Next click on the Relaunch button which appeared when you select Enabled from the list.
- Open Chrome again and then open Google Docs. Your complete interface is now in dark theme.
Note: Before following these steps, save all your unsaved work. Because when you follow this process to enable the dark mode then it runs in your complete browser and will refresh everything to work in night mode.
Well, this is the proven method to make google Docs in night mode. This process enables the night mode not only in Google Docs, but Sheets, slides, and all the other sites that you are going to use in that particular browser’s tab.
You can use the complete google office suite in night mode without any difficulties. The only problem is that, if you open any other site that doesn’t support the night mode then you can see a few problems. But not as much that will create difficulties for you. So Use the night mode in your chrome browser.
How to Disable Chrome Flags to Disable Dark Mode
If you want to disable the dark mode from Google Docs which you have inserted with the help of Chrome flags then follow the below steps. Sometimes this night mode can temper your mind because this dark doesn’t work properly with the site that doesn’t support the night Mode.
So here we also have the by to disable the Dark Mode of Chrome flags.
- First, open paste this chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark in the URL box of chrome browser.
- Now just click on the down arrow of Enabled.
- Select the Default from the drop-down list.
- After that, click on Relaunch to disable the dark mode from the chrome browser.
Now you have learned to disable the night mode as well. Now I think you got the answer to your question does google docs have a night mode. The answer is no but we can use google docs in night mode by following some easy steps.
Add the extension Google Docs Dark Mode
One extension is available to switch the night mode on for google docs. You just need to open the chrome web store and then find the Google Docs Dark Mode and then add it to your chrome browser.
This extension is best for you if you want only Google Docs in night mode and the complete browser in light theme. If you are okay with that then just follow the below instructions.
- First, open the chrome browser on your PC.
- After that, search for the chrome web store.
- Search for the Chrome Google Docs Dark Mode in the search bar.
- Click on Google Docs Dark Mode extension to your chrome which is appeared in the search result.
- Now just click on Add to Chrome to add this extension to your web browser.
- Once it’s added to Chrome then see the below to use it.
How to Use Google Docs Dark Mode Extension
If you have added the chrome browser to your web browser then follow the below steps.
- First Add the extension of Google Docs Dark Mode in chrome.
- After that, open google docs in chrome.
- Now click on the extension and turn on the first toggle button to make Dark mode in Google Docs.
- Open any document in Google Docs.
- Turn on the 2nd toggle button to make the document pages into night mode as well.
- Now you can use the Dark Mode Google Docs.
These are the steps that you can follow to make your google docs night mode.
How to Turn Off Dark Mode of Google Docs via extension
It is too easy to do it. But it depends on you what you want to do. If you want to just turn off the Dark mode then it is easy and if you want to delete this extension that you can it as well with ease. Follow the below steps to learn about it.
- First, open Google Docs on your Chrome browser.
- Now, click on the extension of Google Docs Dark Mode.
- Turn off the google button of both.
- After that, refresh the page and then you can’t see the google docs in night mode anymore.
Note: If you want to turn off the dark mode of Google Docs then just right-click on the extension. After click click on ‘Remove from Chrome’ and then click on the Remove button to remove it from your browser.
These are the steps that you can follow to Turn off the dark mode on the web-based application of Google Docs.
How to Enable Dark Mode for Google Docs on Android app
If you are an android user then you can easily enjoy the night mode theme on your Google Docs app. We have the direct way in which you have to go to the settings and simply enable the dark mode for your entire Google Docs App. Follow the below step-wise instructions to turn on the night mode in your android app.
- First, open the Google Docs app on your android app.
- Next just click on the three lines icon that is available in the top left corner of the app.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option which is available in the side window that will open when you tap on the three-line icon.
- After that, tap on the theme, and this option is available in the settings of Google Docs.
- Now just tap on Dark to select it and then you can see your Google Docs app in Dark Mode.
Note: If a dark theme is not applied after these steps then just close the Google Docs app and then reopen it. After this, you can enjoy Google Docs in night mode.
If you want to change your Google Docs document’s page landscape from portrait then just click on the below text to get the knowledge of it.
How to Make a Google Doc Landscape ← Click on it to read it.
How to Make Light theme of default mode again in Google Docs Android app
The night mode is nice because it not harm your eyes at night. But if you are working in the day and you are not able to see the options and Google docs perfectly then you can turn off the Google Docs Dark mode. Just follow the below steps to know about it.
- First, open the Google Docs app on your Mobile.
- Now just click on the three-line icon which is available in the top left corner.
- Next click on the option of Settings to open the settings.
- After that, tap on the theme option.
- Select the Default of light from the list and then enjoy your Google Docs in their default and light theme.
These are the steps that you need to follow to enable the dark mode on your Android Smartphone.
How to turn on Night Mode in iOS & iPad for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
In the iOS version of Google Docs, the steps are the same as the Android version to turn on the Dark Mode. But you can see the below steps to make sure. We are going to learn it for both iOS and iPad.
- Download the Google Docs, Slides, & sheets app on your iOS or iPad.
- Open the Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets after installation on an iOS smartphone or iPad.
- Click on the three-line icon in the Google Docs app.
- Now click on the Settings option.
- After that, tap on the theme option.
- Next, select the Dark option and then enjoy Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets in night mode.
You have to follow the upper steps to turn on the night mode in Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Sheets.
If you want to turn off night mode on iOS or iPad then just follow the upper steps again. The only difference is that select the light or default theme in the last step to turn of the dark mode.
Now if you want to know about the features of Google Docs then the Wikipedia page is best for you. Where you will get the details of each and every feature of Google Docs.
Important information (Conclusion):
If love to work on night mode then this article will help you a lot to enable Dark Mode for Google Docs. Some peoples love to work at night and others do the work at night because they have lots of work pressure. But the night mode is the best option for both. The night mode never harms your eyes and you will never face the problem of headaches because of work on the digital screen.
So enable the night mode in google docs with the help of upper ways and enjoy working on google docs in night mode. If you have learned How to Make Google Docs Dark Mode then share this article with others who work at night. Also, click on the bell icon to receive the updates of articles like this. And if you face any problem then the comment box is open for you, just tell us, we will help you.